Do Not Sell My Personal Information

replacce water pump Focus 1.4 (no a/c)

cueball1978

hi there

i wonder if there is anyone out there who could help me change the water pump on my Focus. i've looked in the Haynes book but can't find the section as its not in the index. it seems to be only part that they haven't told us about. :angry: I'm also wondering if the pump is connected to the timing belt causing the job to become more involved.

Any help would be massively apprieciated

many thanks

cueball1978

Would need more details of the car before a could help properly.

I think on the mk1's the water pump is driven by the alternator belt but the mk2's are driven by the timing belt

Hope this helps

Would need more details of the car before a could help properly.

I think on the mk1's the water pump is driven by the alternator belt but the mk2's are driven by the timing belt

Hope this helps

thanks have managed to get the pump off as you say it is run on the alternator belt. just had to take everything off. gonna have some fun tomorrow trying to get everything back on in the right place :rolleyes:

thank god its not driven by the timing belt coz that looks like a mission taking that belt off!!!!

Lol. It can be a pain to get your hands in there.

Just be thankful it not the stretchy type alternator belt on the newer focus :angry:

I can put up a diagram of the belt route if that helps?

Lol. It can be a pain to get your hands in there.

Just be thankful it not the stretchy type alternator belt on the newer focus :angry:

I can put up a diagram of the belt route if that helps?

my mk1 1.6 focus uses a stretchy drive belt

Without a tensioner? :huh:

Without a tensioner? :huh:

no tensioner. i have had some hassle in the past getting a new drive belt. no motor factors could supply one thats fits, only ford could at £45 or there about.

the set up is also different from what haynes show.

Never seen that on the mk1's b4. Is it one of the last mk1's by any chance?

Take it its the same set up as the mk2's with the 2 belts? You get the daft tools in the belt kit?

Never seen that on the mk1's b4. Is it one of the last mk1's by any chance?

Take it its the same set up as the mk2's with the 2 belts? You get the daft tools in the belt kit?

yeah its a late 2001 mk1 but only the belt setup is different in the haynes, every other details is spot on. only got one belt. there was a tool in the belt kit aswell.

Kl. Need to look out for that in future incase a get one to do.

Hope they're nos as big a pain that the mk2's! :angry:

Kl. Need to look out for that in future incase a get one to do.

Hope they're nos as big a pain that the mk2's! :angry:

well ive never seen the setup on a mk2 i dont think but...mine is quite simple to be honest. If i get the chance i might take a pic and post it up.

well ive never seen the setup on a mk2 i dont think but...mine is quite simple to be honest. If i get the chance i might take a pic and post it up.

Kl. That would be good. If a get a mk2 in I'll take pic of that. You get 3 tools in the box with the new belts. Gives you an idea of how much of a c*** they are :lol:

Kl. That would be good. If a get a mk2 in I'll take pic of that. You get 3 tools in the box with the new belts. Gives you an idea of how much of a c*** they are :lol:

got any clever ideas on removing a stretch belt without the proper tools? need to fit a new PCV valve on friday.

I always just cut the old ones of and fit new ones. Think that's the way your meant to do them anyway.

I always just cut the old ones of and fit new ones. Think that's the way your meant to do them anyway.

i would but i dont have £45 spare at the moment lol. maybe just need to hunt out the big screwdriver lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club