Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Radio Unlocking Code Help

Leadea

Hi, I have a mondeo tdci 2009 and the battery was disconnected after having a new starter motor fitted, I have no code, also the radio says to wait 30 mins if you switch it on, I'm being very blonde and not sure what to do

Can any one help plz

Edited by alexp999
Request for radio codes is not allowed

The request for radio codes is not allowed on this forum.

The best bet is to take it to your nearest dealer who should be able to help.

you need to take your stereo out and get the serial number. once you have that look on eBay for v-codes and buy the service - about £2.99

I did it recently and got my code within minutes.

Alex, maybe you mods could add a sticky about the service on eBay?

Alternatively, if you start the car and press the numbers 1 and 6 together, this should display the serial number on screen, you can use this to order a code off eBay. I will likely have to do this shortly as I dont have a code either.

On some radios you need to press/hold button six then press/release button two.

and depending on how much front you have?you may want to try this,

i had to change my battery on my smax a few weeks back and didnt have the code.on 1st phone call to the supplying dealer they said it would cost £15 to get the code.left it a couple of days and phoned them again THIS time i said i had bought the car from them new and the code wasnt in my paper work,NO problem sir it should be on our system.yep it was and they gave it to me free of charge. :D

Very sneaky. :p

Nice to get one over on Ford occasionally.

Result! that is a cheeky score over Ford!

i think this is another con to the mug punter.if the code isnt supplied in the paper work then why should the customer pay for it.

i have all the paperwork on my car from new im the 2nd owner,yes even the stereo card and guess what?yep its blank.

1 local ice specalist wanted £45 to take the radio out to get the serial number and then generate a code for me.i politley told them to DO ONE.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club