Do Not Sell My Personal Information

18" Tyres That Don't Tram Line.... Recommendations Please

jizzer

Focus 2.0TDCI 2009 fitted with 18" alloys with Continental Sport Contact 2 Tyres 225/40/18 92W as standard from new

Great tyres stick like glue to the road but I am not happy with them tram lining any rut or imperfections in the road ,and lets face it the state of the roads today, and your wrestling the steering wheel back .

I did not notice how much it did this until I fitted winter wheels and tyres this winter and its a pleasure to steer albeit not the grippy stability of the conti's but never the less no tram lining .

any recommendations for alternative tyres with similar performance to the conti's minus the tramlining welcome.

Thanks

my smax tram lines aswell and i use cheapo tyres.

I use Mazzini low profile they are cheap but really grippy :)

I use Mazzini low profile they are cheap but really grippy :)

Just purchased and fitted a set of new Kleber Quadraxer 225/40 R18 92 V XL tyres. I'll report back any problems I have but so far so good!

Is the tram lining more defined depending on the tread pattern...... Ie continuous grooves around the tyre .?

• 4 months later...

I fitted Avon zz5 - 240/40 18 w95 - no tram lining - was bad using the Michelins