Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Tdci 2004 Flashing Glowplug And Cutting Out When Overtaking. Fixed Now

Dave May

1 hour ago, nicam49 said:

TDCi (pre 04)and wants a compatible code reader, and injector coder, then look no further than tunnrat electronics.

Diesels did not have to be fully OBD2 compliant until after about 2004. As a result, a lot of self contained generic testers can not communicate fully with Mk1 Focus or other pre-2005 Diesels. Or petrol cars pre-2000. Also they will fail to find some of the specific Ford codes. The official OBD2 standard is very limited, and only really deals with emissions, and related engine problems. Manufacturers use their own proprietary codes for many other purposes.

Forscan is Ford specific (its in the name!), inc Mazda & Lincoln. The ELM327 is a multi-standard interface that, if it is a fully functional clone, can communicate with almost all cars with any sort of diagnostic socket. So Forscan plus ELM327 is a very capable system. One problem is that all ELM327s are Chinese clones, including the tunnelrat ones, I am 99% sure. But suppliers like tunnelrat do test their units with Forscan on a Ford, and warrant that it should work, so give a bit more assurance that the device is a good'un. There are an awful lot of duff devices out there on the net!

The service functions and data logging capabilities of Forscan are a big, added bonus.

• 2 years later...

On 10/9/2015 at 9:54 PM, Steve Jarvis said:

The low compression could account for why it's struggling in low gears. I would recommend putting the blank back on tho, why poison an engine with dirty air. modern Diesels like clean air and clean fuel

Hi Steve just discovered this what a difference it made mine is an 07 titanium ctdi,they said you need to remap a series 4engine on a mk3 with electrics on your egr valve..no problem so far much greater pick up ..made up

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Paul Walsh said:

Hi Steve just discovered this what a difference it made mine is an 07 titanium ctdi,they said you need to remap a series 4engine on a mk3 with electrics on your egr valve..no problem so far much greater pick up ..made up

Steve is going to be so happy 😀 he's only been waiting 7 years for an answer to his problem 🤣