Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Eagle Has Landed

The Dark Knight

Quick update guys. Picked it up an hour ago and happy as Larry. Just at Uni now for a talk by a court of appeal judge.

Tried giving it some beans down some country roads but only a bit. I drove mostly steady and a mixture of town driving and country roads. Got 40mpg which ain't bad for a speed machine lol.

Acceleration is smooth and prompt under normal power and simply superb on full throttle.

Pics to follow later tonight

• Like 1

Great news hope you have lots of fun.

• Like 1

Sounds lovely

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

Here are some pics I took at the dealership before it got mucky in the rain:

IMG_1327_zps0afa8f9d.jpg

IMG_1328_zps5ffbf599.jpg

IMG_1326_zps07a7f496.jpg

IMG_1325_zps99f3eadd.jpg

Now I must hold my hands up and admit to being silly but I couldn't resist it. I joined the A38 coming home at Little Eaton and roaring up behind came a BMW 5 series to do a bit of tailgating in his big man car. I had every intention of letting him go past once I reached 70mph and I would not exceed 70mph. However, I also intended to reach 70mph rather quickly and as it turned out, a lot quicker than Mr Big Man in his BMW could manage. Brought a smile to my face and 31mpg to the fuel computer :lol:

• Like 2

Finally the wait is over for you! Seems like a lifetime ago that you did the ST review.

Yes and I will miss some things about the ZS. The fact I could hammer it and still see 40mpg just shows what a great all rounder it is. I just thought I would bow out of finance in a blaze of glory over the next 2 years before I hand the car back in order to afford my first house. Unless I win some money and get to keep it of course...

One key thing I noticed is the in gear acceleration when flooring it. In the real world it has got more than enough power to get by without flooring it but I had to try it.

Basically, it feels quick from the moment you floor it and accelerates promptly but if you keep your foot down, it suddenly bursts forward even faster which I assume is the overboost kicking in. Wicked performance!

I had the old ST once and I thought that was quick. The new one just makes that seem like a biddy car lol

That feeling you get when BMW/Audi man thinks he can blow you off and you just go for it and he disappears in the rear view doesn't stop any time soon Dave. I suggest you turn the MPG display off cause you don't really need to know, do you? I rarely look at mine but when flicking through the menu notice I get around mid 30's and I do give it some beans most days. I also use v-power fuel as well so hope this is not only giving me slightly better MPG than supermarket cheapo stuff but will help the engine stay in top condition longer.

Enjoy but watch out for the rozzers!

Cheers Phil. I certainly wouldn't do full on dangerous racing on the road but just a quick burn like that does satisfy me because I didn't exceed 70 (Ok I might have hit 71) and I see it as dealing out justice on BMW/Audi man who tailgates everyone like he's king of the road.

The 5 series in question was some diesel version as he eventually flew past once I had moved back to the inside lane, I noticed 520d I think but may be wrong. Perhaps he sees the eventual overtake as 'victory'. Idiot :rolleyes:

:lol:

• Like 2

Never mind perhaps justice will be done when he fails his sales target and gets a rollicking from his boss!!!

• Like 1

Picking mine up in the morning i will post some pictures below or mine also :) VERY very excited !

Nice lol I like doin that to idiot drivers to lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Ford OC mobile app

Mine is due to arrive at the dealer next week sometime - it's been the longest 9 weeks of my life. The red is really smart; I went for Spirit Blue in the end as I've had 3 red cars in the past and fancied a change. :D

All these new Fiesta STs! I keep getting so tempted to trade my Focus in, only had it just over a year - still so much I would miss about the Focus though.

Enjoy all of your new pocket rockets, I have seen more around my way which doesn't help either, lol.

• Like 1

Good Man! Glad you like it.

Slightly Jel over the dark seats though, I have the original Orange 1/2 leather ones, but nice, do like the Red suits the car to the ground.

Picked up mine this morning so so happy with it !

10168163 10154014158840074 310141307 N

10154377 10154014159300074 1449933312 N

603595 10154014159470074 704119558 N

• Like 1

Picked up mine this morning so so happy with it !

I notice your from Sussex, is that dinneages??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Excellent stuff! A guy at work said to me that I should not floor it at all during the first 1000 miles so that it runs in properly. I thought the days of running in were over? (to a degree). Not that I am going to go flooring it everywhere naturally. It will take me 3-4 months to rack up 1000 miles!

Any thoughts on running in guys?

Didn't do any running in on mine, just make sure its had a chance to warm up a little before i start giving it some welly!

Me neither. I make sure the engine is up to running temp before I floor it.

Willy posted something recently which I believe was from the manual stating something about 1000miles and having to drive like a granny to run it in

Ecoboost125 it sure is got it from Dinnages in Brighton thats my local dealer because i live in Brighton what about you ?

The dealer never said anything to me and there is nothing comes with the car when delivered. Can't understand why a car would need a 1000 miles to run in nowawdays. Last time I saw that was many years ago and even then was only for 500 miles. They used to put a thinker oil in that had to be changed after the running in period so you had to go back to dealer to sort it out.