Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000 Cd Replacement Help

GoldenLeaf

Hi guys,

I am looking to replace my 6000 CD with this double din unit http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-jvc-kw-av61bt_p-31188.htm

I am a complete beginner and don't trust myself to mess with the electrics on my car so would anyone be generous enough to give me a hand if you live near to wigston in Leicester?

Also could someone direct me to which cables and such I need to buy so that it will work with the steering wheel controls?

post-37790-0-58223100-1396456912_thumb.j

Sirius XM :blink: Isn't this an US satellite radio standard?

I am wondering whether this stereo is destined for US market (FM reception might be an issue on these shores).

Sirius XM :blink: Isn't this an US satellite radio standard?

I am wondering whether this stereo is destined for US market (FM reception might be an issue on these shores).

It's suited for both the US and UK market afaik as it has AM and FM radio. I would get one with DAB but can't afford it. I don't listen to the radio anyway, it will just be ipod all the way!

FM radio in the US uses 200KHz steps while in Europe it is 100KHz, As a result US stereo won't be able to pick up all the stations unless it is switchable to European region.

I think there is also some difference in AM but I can't remember what it is.

Just sayin'.. :)

FM radio in the US uses 200KHz steps while in Europe it is 100KHz, As a result US stereo won't be able to pick up all the stations unless it is switchable to European region.

I think there is also some difference in AM but I can't remember what it is.

Just sayin'.. :)

Ok I'll look into it, thanks for highlighting it :)

For fitting a JVC stereo into your car you'll need this kit-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Double-Din-Facia-Stalk-Steering-Adaptor-JVC-Car-Stereo-Fitting-Kit-/400687750741?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5d4ad9de55

It has all the aerial and controller/loom adaptors you need plus the correct sized cage/trim to fit your OEM radio fascia.

Also as the radio is listed on an UK site and doesn't say anything about frequency compatability you should be ok, probably a good idea to contact them and check to be safe.

With all these issues I have been having fitting a double din Pioneer 3500DAB, I would say check all the fittings, get exact measurements before purchase. Prepare for a fight with it... Another option that I have seen is the Oval fascia upgrade with a Chinese head unit. Looks OEM and fits flush.

With all these issues I have been having fitting a double din Pioneer 3500DAB, I would say check all the fittings, get exact measurements before purchase. Prepare for a fight with it... Another option that I have seen is the Oval fascia upgrade with a Chinese head unit. Looks OEM and fits flush.

Thanks for the advice man. I read your thread, lol, seems you got a little peeved off to say the least :p I am glad I am not going about this alone, though I must say you have kind of put me off a bit. I might just get the pros at the audio shop to do it for me...

For fitting a JVC stereo into your car you'll need this kit-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Double-Din-Facia-Stalk-Steering-Adaptor-JVC-Car-Stereo-Fitting-Kit-/400687750741?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5d4ad9de55

It has all the aerial and controller/loom adaptors you need plus the correct sized cage/trim to fit your OEM radio fascia.

Also as the radio is listed on an UK site and doesn't say anything about frequency compatability you should be ok, probably a good idea to contact them and check to be safe.

Much appreciated Clive :) How's things going with your focus? I haven't been on here in a little while. I think my reversing switch on the gearbox has broken, as I have checked the bulb and fuse and all seems fine :S It's always something, am I right?

Don't be put off too much! Others have installed adapters without issue, but if anyone gets an issue it's normally me!! Oh and I'm over £400 down the hole currently from the radio, adapters, fascias, cages etc. so I have to make this work or I will actually sit in the corner and cry, and will never touch the centre console again!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Don't be put off too much! Others have installed adapters without issue, but if anyone gets an issue it's normally me!! Oh and I'm over £400 down the hole currently from the radio, adapters, fascias, cages etc. so I have to make this work or I will actually sit in the corner and cry, and will never touch the centre console again!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

HAHAHA I am sorry to laugh at your pain, but that did make me chuckle, good luck buddy, it's a nice unit, hope you get it looking as you want it to.

My problem is I have a low budget, but am very much against cheap looking units that look like someone sliced the front off of a hi-fi and slapped it on where the stereo used to be :p That is why I chose the KW-AV61BT, or else I would have gone for this http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-jvc-kw-av71bt_p-31187.htm A minimal look is best I feel.

As your budget's tight, I can't help wondering if you need to spend £230 on a headunit, when something like this Pioneer has the similar spec:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009KZ95QQ/ for £125.

I know you said you're fussy looks wise, but maybe worth looking at amazon for useful alternatives, often find better bargains on there than car audio dealers.

Admittedly, your top link looks like a crackin unit and sounds like a good deal anyway :)

The main thing I need to sort in my Mk1 is the audio. I'm sure the drivers door is way quieter than other 3 Speakers, it's lacking the separate tweeters and the head unit has no USB MP3 support. Still, man's gotta have a project :)

As your budget's tight, I can't help wondering if you need to spend £230 on a headunit, when something like this Pioneer has the similar spec:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009KZ95QQ/ for £125.

I know you said you're fussy looks wise, but maybe worth looking at Amazon for useful alternatives, often find better bargains on there than car audio dealers.

Admittedly, your top link looks like a crackin unit and sounds like a good deal anyway :)

The main thing I need to sort in my Mk1 is the audio. I'm sure the drivers door is way quieter than other 3 speakers, it's lacking the separate tweeters and the head unit has no USB MP3 support. Still, man's gotta have a project :)

Hey Jay,

I looked at that unit first, but as I said before that is a unit that I feel looks like a bit sliced off of a hi-fi lol. I just don't like the bright lights all over it.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have a look around on amazon. Yeah sounds like you have a few things to tinker with on your focus :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club