AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

trflorin

Fusion 1.4 Tdci Camshaft Wear

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

I recently bought a Ford Fusion 1.4 TDCI with 81.000 miles. I knew the car had some problems with the engine but the price was very attractive so i thought it was worth the repair cost. I was told that the problem was with the camshaft. It needed replacement because the car was used on very long periods of time with the engine turned on, at idle. Basically the engine was kept on running for hours and hours, at idle. So i took out the camshaft and, yes, it was very worn. But ONLY the camshaft lobes. The tappet rollers are practically intact. So, my question is: How could that be possible? Bad camshaft from the factory?

PS (This car has a "sister" used on same conditions and it has the same problem)

Here is a photo of the camshaft with the corresponding rocker arm.

Thank you!

post-52952-0-90178400-1396469227_thumb.j

I would think its something to do with the quality or hardness/grade of steel used?

I'd say they were cheap, bad quality replacements? Were they original?

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.

Xenon Headlights, LED Fogs, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Internal Cabin Lights, Sport Aerial, German Font Number Plates, Sony Xplod CD Player, Sub Woofer, Two 6X9 Speakers on Parcel Shelf, Carbon Fibre Gear Knob, Debadged Rear.