Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are These Wires?

SammyC93

On a focus mk2 facelift

I dont have a pic at the moment, but behind the heater switches for the windows, there is a green and orange and a red and black wire, one has 12v when ignition is on

Cheers guys!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Green/Orange is 12v +ve (ignition controlled, position 2) via fuse F122 (10A).

Black/Red is 0V (ground) from the Airbag control module (connector C426, pin 17).

They are for the Passenger Airbag Deactivation Warning light which is activated/deactivated via a key operated switch in the glovebox (see page 31 of the owner's manual). If you haven't got the light then it's unlikely you'll have the switch.

It's cost option to have fitted and you'll need to sign a legal disclaimer before Ford will fit it; disclaimer will be something along the lines of :-

"By signing this I acknowledge that I have been made aware of the dangers of deactivating the passenger airbag and in the event of an accident take full legal responsibility for doing so."

The deactivation of the passenger airbag is to enable a rear-facing child seat to be safely used when fitted to the front passenger seat.

HTH

P.S. I used the Green/Orange 12v +ve feed to power my after-market front parking sensor module.

you must also notify youre insurance if you have a deactivation switch fitted

Hahaha reason I ask is I wanted to wire in some led's for the footwells, wheres the best place to tap into?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

If you want the LEDs to come on when the ignition is switched on then use the Green/Orange of the Airbag Warning Light wires as the 12v +ve feed.

If you want the LEDs to come on when the sidelights are switched on then use one of these as the 12v +ve feed :-

• Thin Orange (taped up to the wiring for the optional extra 12v socket behind the cubby hole in front of the gear stick)
  • Orange/Black (Heated rear window switch)
  • Orange/Black (Heated front windscreen switch)
  • Orange/Green (Hazard warning light switch)
  • Orange/Blue (Driver's heated seat control)
  • Orange/Yellow (Passenger heated seat control)
  • Orange/Black (Quadlock connector to the radio)

All the above will have their brightness controlled by the instrument light rotary dimmer control (if present) next to the main lighting switch.

If you haven't got the instrument light rotary dimmer control then Stoney has made a guide on how to swap the main lighting switch.

HTH

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club