Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Stereo Not Recognising Usb Stick

lobster

hi there,

I have recently bought a 2013 grand cmax with the sony head unit (non sat nav one). I liked the fact that it could read files from a USB stick.

I went out and got a Kingston 64GB usb memory stick (£19 from amazon) and copied my files into the format of Artist-Album-Song Title. I also formatted the USB stick to FAT 32 as I had read on a few forums.

When I first put the memory stick in it worked fine, spent a few seconds initialising and then a few minutes indexing the tracks. Then I could search through all the files and play what I wanted.

However the next day when I went in the car wouldn't play anything and said that there was no USB present even when I was plugging / unplugging trying to get a response. Occasionally it will say it has found the stick but it is not recognised and other times just denies it exists!!

I have no idea why it is doing this, it worked fine the first time but then just had a hissy fit. There seems to be no advice or set up recommendations on the ford website either so I've come here to see if anyone knows what to do! Its been a few days now and I'm stumped.

thanks

martin

wee update,

when I plug it in now and switch the stereo off and then on again it says the USB device is not supported which doesn't make sense when it played fine the first time. How hard can it be to make something that reads a USB stick!

I would try a smaller USB stick , with 32 being the max i would go to.

You did not say how full the 64gb was ?

I use the 32 gb version of this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Adapter-SDSDQU64U46A-SDDRK121/dp/B00GIZWVCQ/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1396720726&sr=8-11&keywords=sandisk+micro+sd+card+with+usb+adapter

I could not see the 32gb on amazon

is there a max size limit? Couldn't see anything listed in the user manual stating limitations so i'll try that.

edit, the 64gb stick has about 50gig of music on it.

I don't think there is a max gb size but there is a max of 3000 songs in mp3