Photo

Rookie Ford Enthusiast (Indicator Problems)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Crikky22

Crikky22

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Christy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flight 1.3
  • Year: 2001

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hi Guys!!

I am new to the world of Ford, having previously owned a 106 Quiksilver, Punto and a Classic Austin Mini City, I thought I would land myself a tidy little Ford Fiesta Flight mk5. I was blessed with this little beauty at the start of 2014 and have had no problems so far!!

I am a level one mechanic. However, I am not so good with the electrical side of things! My o/s front indicator has started repeating rather fast, yet all the others seem repeat at the standard speed....if anyone could pass on their wonderful knowledge of all things Ford electrical, I would be very greatful!!

Also, as stupid as it may seem that I want to modify this car, what are peoples thoughts and suggestions? It's a black standard mk5 flight.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,368 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Hi welcome :)

check al the indicator bulbs on the side its on one is dead that's what make it flash faster

#3 Crikky22

Crikky22

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Christy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flight 1.3
  • Year: 2001

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hi Derek, 

Thank you for a fast reply!

A very interesting answer, I hadnt thought of that one. I will have a look and hopefully sort it, thank you for that!  :)

On the subject of lights, my partner and my dad keep telling me that me n/s tailgate light doesnt work when I have either side lights or main beam lights on, but whenever I look they all seem to be working fine! Could this be some sort of loose/dodgy connection do you think??

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users