• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 harveys

harveys

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Mum in law - Fiesta, Dad - C-max & a Ka
Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

180 to replace the broken spring & fit a new tyre, as it was damaged by the spring !

Do you think we should pursue Arnold Clark/Ford for some recompense/repairs to the other side? or are we wasting our time?

My mother in law has the damaged spring & has found out a friend had theirs go recently while driving at 40mph !

Would really appreciate your comments/advice on this guys.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#122 On3rdFiesta!

On3rdFiesta!

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta Zetec
Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Really sorry to hear about all your problems and I too share your concerns. My 06 Zetec's left spring gave way when slowing and turning into my drive. A few months later I went out to discover the right spring had broken (still wonder if force when left broke damaged the right). The car was very fortunately still under warranty but when I voiced my concerns I was told this only even happens when stationary or moving very slowly so not to worry - not sure how confident I feel after reading the post about travelling at 40mph. I bit the bullet and decided to get a new one so hoping for no repeats, even if still under warranty.

Ford should have recalled, as twice is too many times on a car around the 12k miles mark, never mind all you guys plus those it has happened to who don't even know about the forum. However, as an aside, I have work colleagues who have Peugeot and Vauxhall and this has happened to them too. They were told potholes to blame...

Just wanted to share and wish you all safe driving and every success with Ford.

#123 harveys

harveys

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

I am going to get the spring tomorrow & go & visit the dealership later this week. I'll keep you posted on developments. I reckon this is a disgrace, especially for a company the size & experience of Ford !

#124 harveys

harveys

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

I've now got the spring & I'm going to drop in past the dealer tomorrow or Monday with it. It has simply sheared & while there is surface corrosion on it, most of it has a paint/rubber coating. It simply looks like it's a faulty bit of material/casting...or whatever. It's incredible to think this item could fracture & fail...with potentially very serious consequences.

Am I being unreasonable expecting that the part should last past 20,000 miles, the car has a full Ford Service History & was just serviced & MOT'd a few weeks ago. The fact it is out of warranty is my concern, that & the fact we have been advised that they should be replaced in pairs. so that'll be another 100-200 even outside of the Ford network

I've tried to attach some pics FYI but failed. I'd really appreciate some comments on this...or is this thread old hat now & dead????

If our pleas to Ford go the wrong was - they may be about to lose a few potential customers & repeats...but do they really care?

#125 harveys

harveys

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

Well Ford have never replied - just about sums up the customer service you can expect if you deal with that lot ! If this wasn't a safety issue I don't know what is. Maybe we won't bother with that S-Max after all - I am sure there are plenty more companys out there that will value our business more.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users