Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumbling Clutch

Weeble

I've got a 2003 Focus TDCi when the car is stationary, not in gear with the clutch depressed I'm getting an intermittent rumbling.

Is this likley to be the throw bearing or, worse case the Dual Mass Flywheel?

without taking off the gearbox it hard to diaganose.

• 3 weeks later...
I've got a 2003 Focus TDCi when the car is stationary, not in gear with the clutch depressed I'm getting an intermittent rumbling.

Is this likley to be the throw bearing or, worse case the Dual Mass Flywheel?

Hi being a owner of a ford focus 03 tdci who has recently had a dual mass flywheel and clutch (believe me it aint cheap)I had a noise which sounded like you were dragging a cardboard box under the car i took mine to local garage who checked it out and told me it was dual mass flywheel.on taking it apart he was rite however ford recomends replacing both.so if flywheel is gone they recomend clutch to and vice verca.cost me over £900 and if that wernt enough i had to have a starter motor too as apparently it was that that knackered my flywheel.starts smoother though like new.The noise used to come and go but you could feel the knocking on the clutch pedal if you leave your foot resting on it. Alan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club