ZS_John

Hahah it can't hurt to ask!

I should lmao, odd part is I'm actually a buyer, not a salesman :lol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Hahah it can't hurt to ask!

I should lmao, odd part is I'm actually a buyer, not a salesman :lol:

Haha :p

Would you no by any chance if they have a dealer near to Manchester area that will do it instead of me having to drive about 6 hours to Essex if I get it done ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Evans Halshaw Ford in old trafford can fit the kit, you'd have to ask them if they'd do finance though.

http://www.mountune.com/index.php/services/performance-upgrades/dealer-locator

You can see on there though :)

Evans Halshaw Ford in old trafford can fit the kit, you'd have to ask them if they'd do finance though.

http://www.mountune.com/index.php/services/performance-upgrades/dealer-locator

You can see on there though :)

Cheers, I tried to go on it but the website doesn't seem to like iPhones.

It's okay about the finance I'd just be paying for it straight up :D

I'd love a spin in the 155 Becca once it's done. Just to see the difference.

I just don't see how the metal is a better all round car than the MP140. The metal has a different exhaust than a standard ZS, but the mp140 has replacement manifold, sports cat, filter and exhaust system. Yeah the metal has a nice front spoiler and seats, but after all it's just a different map on the engine, only. A bluefin will bring a normal ZS up to metal power for just over £200.

I can see the point about the MP 140 not being worth it as an aftermarket add on , I doubt I'd ever spend that money myself. I'd rather get an ST, but if an MP140'was for sale over a Metal edition at a similar price, I know which one I'd get.

Might have to start charging ;)

Haha well I'm at Ford Fair, so if I do get the chance to nip out I'll happily take people out in it :)

It will have the 155 by that point too lol and mine has the metal seats in it so it's really not that bad :p

Can I have a spin in the ST too when you get her? Lol :p

Of course hahah.

I've offered £1 to anyone who'll let me sit in theirs and pretend to drive it :p

I just don't see how the metal is a better all round car than the MP140. The metal has a different exhaust than a standard ZS, but the mp140 has replacement manifold, sports cat, filter and exhaust system. Yeah the metal has a nice front spoiler and seats, but after all it's just a different map on the engine, only. A bluefin will bring a normal ZS up to metal power for just over £200.

I can see the point about the MP 140 not being worth it as an aftermarket add on , I doubt I'd ever spend that money myself. I'd rather get an ST, but if an MP140'was for sale over a Metal edition at a similar price, I know which one I'd get.

Sorry, but having owned both a Zetec S and a Metal I would completely disagree. The Metal also has the overhauled exhaust with twin exhaust pipes, low loss air intake and engine remap, but it also features a 300 rpm increase in engine speed, a closer ratio gearbox, a lower ride height and stiffer suspension. There are numerous cosmetic changes too, such as leather wrapped gearstick and handbrake, and a piano black interior (which, unlike the ST, matches the Sony DAB head unit and includes the door pull handles). Also, the heated leather seats are full leather and not partial, like on the ST, and there are also stainless steel door sill scuff plates. You also get black 17" alloys, which I think look great on the white model and really makes the car stand out after a wash. So it's far from just a Zetec S with a Mountune kit added on.

If you've got a ZS and have £1400 spare on a car related purchase, I'd say sell it and get a Metal.

They're cracking little cars and are relatively cheap to run and insure, and considering you can pick one up for around £10k that's a lot of car for the money. Just make sure you get one with the upgraded Sony DAB sound system and push button start.

It's worth keeping in mind that the next step up in performance (the MR155 pack aside) – the ST – will currently set you back about £7000 more! That's a lot of money for a car that will depreciate as quickly as a Fiesta.

I've only ever driven mine so I can't see much difference lol.

Mine has always had lower/stiffer suspension, black alloys and a power upgrade, has metal seats and a twin exhaust lol.

However I would say if it's a toss up between the standard ZS and the standard metal, buy a metal. Much nicer.

Lower ride height and stiffer suspension than the zetec S? Didn't know that...

As for the box, yes, I'd much rather that, but has the final drive changed? How does it cruise at speed?

Interior bits like piano black stereo, leather wrapped gear stick are just gravy. Nice, but not enough to make me drool.

Bluefin ups the limiter by 1k rpm.

Seats are lovely. Not knocking it at all, nice car.

Metal/s1600i over standard ZS? All day

Metal over ZS with MP140? I'd take the 140.

I'm happy with my normal ZS, I'm sure your more than happy wig your Metal, and rightly so.

The Metal is a brilliant little car. The suspension has been subtlety tweaked and body control through the corners feels better as a result. Sure, those 205/40/R17 tyres make you feel all the uneven bits in the road, but the ride never feels uncomfortable. It corners so flat and never feels out of control even when you throw it into the tightest of corners. It's a very pure driving experience, with no electronic aids apart from the standard ESP, and the naturally aspirated engine loves to be revved – it doesn't hit peak power until 6,700rpm, at which point a green light will come on indicating when you should change up. The exhaust sounds sweet, too, without sounding ostentatious, and even has that popping sound when you lift off. It can also be a surprisingly smooth and economical car when you want it to be – like when you're taking your mum to the shops on a Saturday afternoon! It will also happily and sit at 70mph on the motorway, at which speed the engine will be doing 3,300rpm – just at the point where the engine is ready to pick up and go should you want to overtake something or climb a hill. That fifth gear has a huge range, though: I've momentarily had it up to 115 before, and I have no doubt it will go on to 125 and possibly over. With no turbo, at these speeds the engine feels muscular and responsive. At the other end of the scale, it has a longer first gear than the ZS – great for, well, you've guessed it!

I've sat in the new ST and I actually prefer the interior to the Metal. The Metal had piano black everywhere, including the wheel, around the air vents and the door pulls; with the Sony head unit too it really is a nice place to be. The grey plastics in the ST that have been substituted for the piano black look a bit cheap by comparison.

Don't get me wrong, the new ST is a thrill to drive with performance in another league altogether, but I personally couldn't justify spending upwards of £8k + interest upgrading to one when the car I've got is so good. I also reckon I'd loose my driving licence within 6 months of owning an ST!

Of course hahah.

I've offered £1 to anyone who'll let me sit in theirs and pretend to drive it :P

Becca you can sit in mine for free, I'm a generous soul, sorry but don't think it will have the Mountune by then.

Oh you're a kind person! I don't want to go out in it so mountune kit doesn't matter, I just want to sit in it and make engine noises ;)

Oh you're a kind person! I don't want to go out in it so mountune kit doesn't matter, I just want to sit in it and make engine noises ;)

your welcome to go for it in mine... i'd probably find it rather amusing

I did something stupid :P I checked my insurance and it will cost no extra for the mountune upgrade. I cant decided whether to do it or not! 0-60 in 6.4 that sounds awesome ! Anyone know if there are plans for another mountune upgrade in the future for more power?

• Like 2

There will be another kit, I reckon 235/240

Would that be an MR kit?

Do you still get to keep warranty with the MR's?

Yes it would be and you lose vehicle warranty but still have part warranty

Ah! Deffo worth a look when the car is close to being out of warranty.

235/240bhp in a feesty!? Maybe 6secs 0-60? Weapon!!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

That's just a guess.

The two are usually a close jump in power (ie 15 then 20bhp) so this one was 35 and 240 would be an extra 25 so I reckon it's a fair shout!

Would be super quick :p

I would like to know why they don't fit the 215 kit as standard? It's only an air filter and remap? And it only costs £600, which means it probably only costs £300 (ish) to make/do.

Instead of being better than the cars in its class, it would have shat all over them!

Am I missing something obvious!?

While I'm at it......

Why does the 1.6T focus need an intercooler and £1000 to get 200bhp!?

Same engine is it not?

I would like to know why they don't fit the 215 kit as standard? It's only an air filter and remap? And it only costs £600, which means it probably only costs £300 (ish) to make/do.

Instead of being better than the cars in its class, it would have shat all over them!

Am I missing something obvious!?

There are lots of reasons why these things are done like that, including technical and political -

For example, the same car has to be sold all over the world, the engine must last for 100,000s of miles in desert or artic conditions, with poor quality fuel (dirty/ low octane) and take a lot of abuse/ neglect, and be expected to have long service intervals

A K&N does not filter as efficiently as a stock filter, and allows small dust particles through, that could (potentially) cause premature bore wear, this may be worse in dusty/ desert countries

Politically, the performance level may be selected/ chosen to fit in a sector (eg, for young drivers) or not to be too quick compared to other cars in the range (eg - the Fiesta ST is specifically made slower than the Focus ST, even though the lFiesta has more potential, as it is lighter) and for other reasons, often, the customer gets the car the bean- counters want to make, not the designers/ engineers, many compromises are taken

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club