Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

zeglover

Screen Wash

9 posts in this topic

Just a quick one what is the quickest way to empty all my screen was girlfriend bought some cheep crap and it leaves streaks when it drys what is the longest I can use the switch

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Quickest way is either to pull the pump out of the back of the tank (remove arch liner and reach back) to let the fluid drain or use a syphon pump.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_567043_langId_-1_categoryId_255216

Running the motor for too long will burn it out.

Didn't think about a syphon I will dee if I can get a hose in there

I tried a Tesco Bio screenwash before that was the same, horrible white residue where it dried on the glass and paintwork.

I use Carplan all seasons wash now and it's far better.

Rain x does a great job.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

leesheffield likes this

Im using prestone at the moment (was on offer at halfords) and it seems to be doing a good job.

Quickest way is either to pull the pump out of the back of the tank (remove arch liner and reach back) to let the fluid drain or use a syphon pump.

Or leave a hose running fresh water into it for a couple of minutes, Save faffing about getting mouthfuls of washer fluid ;)

kristriple likes this

I'm in the same boat with the rubbish Tesco Screen Wash,

I could spend 2-3 hours cleaning car, then first time i use the wipers there will be horrible streaks left on bonnet,

Just got back from Tesco (Leeds) and they have Prestone 4L half price (£3),

Going to drain my washer fluid with a generous burst every time I get in, then give the Prestone stuff a go.

I have emptied my bottle in less than a week. Just so I could see the road. It would wipe clear then dry and leave a haze. All gone now thank god