Photo

Classic Ford Afficionados - Please Read :-)

Ford Thames Part

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RLA

RLA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Thames
  • Year: 1973

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

I have just spoken to a classic car sales company that recommended I come to you guys. Hope it pays off :-/. A friend from work asked me to look at a model railway to sell for her mother who lost her husband seven months ago. They were going to throw everything out when I noticed a Ford bonnet on the wall (which I now know to be a grill). I knew it would be worth something so offered to try to find a buyer (please note that I am making nothing out of this, I want to get her money to give to her grandchildren).

I have attached some photographs and would appreciate being told what model it is from and how to sell it. I am guessing that for those restoring this type of ford Thames van this is like gold dust as it basically has no scratches or defects bar a tiny bit of rust on the small silver metal that runs from the badge to the top.

Any advice would be helpful and sincerely appreciated.

Many thanks,

Richard

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: KA Edge, BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2015

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Hi Richard. That appears to be the nose off of a 1950's Ford Popular. Not sure what it is worth or where best to sell but I would suggest some Classic Car clubs or custom car clubs as a lot of the Poplar's were made into hotrods.

Good luck with it

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users