Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tdci lack of power

lms1703

Can any one help. I have an 02 plate Mondeo 2.0 tdci (130) which has a lack of power. I have changed the EGR as I understand this is normaly the fault but it has not helped. Does any one else know what it could be.

Hiya mate,

any other probs? is management light on? is turbo spooling up? on tdci turbo is the vnt type and are prone for vanes sooting up and not throwing out.. have you thought about having a diagnostic check done?

steve

www.sr-performance.co.uk

Thanks for your advise I will book it into a garage for a diagnostic check. You said about the turbo would the diagnostic check show this fault or am I better off taking the turbo off and having a look for damage.

my turbo didn't show management light, i just checked everything and it was the only thing left, so it was taken off, stripped and cleaned.

have a diagnostic and they should be able to tell you if your turbo's boosting as it should be..

steve

www.sr-performance.co.uk

check for any splits in the intercooler pipe from the egr valve its a common place for them to go .

I will give that a try. There is a small pipe that runs from the egr I have followed it and the end is not attached anywere to the engine. Does anyone know were it should go.

i think you will find its a vacume pipe that should be connect to the manifold.

this would not produce lack of power, as many people block the vacume pipe off. does it feel like the turbo is kicking in ?

I does not feel like the turbo is kicking in. I have had it put on a computer and it has come up with.

P0403 - EGR Control Circuit

P0235 - MAP Sensor Circuit

Any ideas what this means and what I need to do to fix it?

po235 is turbo boost pressure sensor failure

po403 is as you've got. strip and clean egr and check wiring..

steve

www.sr-performance.co.uk

po235 is turbo boost pressure sensor failure

Where do I find this and is it expensive?

po403 is as you've got. strip and clean egr and check wiring..

I can't see any wiring on the egr am I looking in the correct place? What is the best thing to clean it with?

I know these mite sould like silly questions but I am at a loss and really appreciate everyones help :)

there wont be any wires on your egr valve as this was introduced on the euro 4 engines, going back to the vacume pipe there should be one connected to the turbo can you see anything, photos would be good.

Thanks for the advise on the wiring. Would you know if the pipe goes into the top side or bottom.

It look about the same but it is on the front left hand side when your looking from above.

• 11 years later...

I know this is old, but I have a 2010 titanium x tdci, duratorq 2.0 mondeo 163bhp. Engine malfunction light was intermittent a few months back, now it seems to be constant, it runs fine and accellerate, no smoke, no hissing, but the power just isn't there, like turbo not kicking on. Any ideas? Do I need to do diagnostic, can I diy or do I have to take it to a garage? Thx for any advice. The egr valve looks like a real pain to get to On this engine if it's that.

23cef39f691c655c84faeae22fbc5368.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club