1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

sugna

Cycle Carrier For Mk3 Focus Hatchback

5 posts in this topic

We've been looking at various racks, including the Halfords high-mount. The Mk3 spoiler means that most such racks don't fit (according to their compatibility guides). Has anyone found a rack of this type that works well with their Focus?

Slight bump, as I haven't yet found a good rear-mounted cycle carrier. Has anyone found one that works well with a Focus Mk?

I have 2 electric (pedelac/epac) bikes both of which weigh about 30-35kgms

Since most bike carriers only hold 2 x 15kgm bikes I ended up with a very expensive Thule one. This carries 2 x 35kgm bikes and fits onto the (electric) towbar. I was a bit nervous at first since I was unsure about its capability to lock onto the ball, but I've had no problems so far and I can swing on it and it doesn't budge an inch. Also it tilts which allows the rear hatch to open, but more importantly as I found out trying to use it, its a lot easier to mount a heavy bike.

Bought from Halfords ( had to be ordered - took a day longer than anticipated, but what the heck ) I think you can get direct from the Thule website ( wider choice there ).

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/7558-dsc-0035/

Good Luck

Uncle

Thanks, UP.

I was hoping to find something to fit onto the hatch, i.e. neither a towbar nor a roof carrier. I'll keep looking for now, but it may be that I have to go for the towbar option and find a little more storage space.

A bit like me too....I've got a one that goes on the towbar but no tb either :(

That's what's really pi55ing me off selling the mapped 320d I had, as it was an estate, towbar....basically everything I wanted.....and what do I do....sell the fkn thing....I really need a good HARD boot up the a.r.se