23 replies to this topic

#16 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

Might be a little out of the price range! But never no, might land a massive business deal and make millions over night!

I have looked around the Topgear.co.uk website and found they do a 15 inch version. What you think about them? There only 100 cheaper, so if i was gonna get them id would want the biggest!

BUT

Mark told me about the 3% difference which might be an issue, is there is a way around it?

If you are upgrading I would say go for at least 17" Personally I would go for 18"

What do you mean 3% difference?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

If you are upgrading I would say go for at least 17" Personally I would go for 18"

What do you mean 3% difference?

I would love 18s but the cost of tires is to much for me! At least i think so :) Also i only got a 1.25 engine and the bigger the wheels the slow i become lol

3% difference in reading on the speedo. So if it says im doing 30 im really doing 33 because the gear ratio in the speed is set for 15s not 17s...

#18 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:15 PM

I would love 18s but the cost of tires is to much for me! At least i think so :) Also i only got a 1.25 engine and the bigger the wheels the slow i become lol

3% difference in reading on the speedo. So if it says im doing 30 im really doing 33 because the gear ratio in the speed is set for 15s not 17s...

You are right about the tyres! I'm a bit shocked by the cost of them, I have 13" on my 98 Fiesta and tyres only cost about 30...

I see what you mean about the speedo, but if you have lower profile tyres then the overall size wouldnt change that much, even if it did then i'm sure that the speedo can easily be recalibrated, as all fiestas have different sizes i think. Also i think that speedos are usually set higher anyway, to be on the safe side. Wouldnt suprise me if you were doing 30 and the speedo showed 33.

#19 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

You are right about the tyres! I'm a bit shocked by the cost of them, I have 13" on my 98 Fiesta and tyres only cost about 30...

I see what you mean about the speedo, but if you have lower profile tyres then the overall size wouldnt change that much, even if it did then i'm sure that the speedo can easily be recalibrated, as all fiestas have different sizes i think. Also i think that speedos are usually set higher anyway, to be on the safe side. Wouldnt suprise me if you were doing 30 and the speedo showed 33.

umm ill ring ford in the morning to see what they have to say.

If/when i get new alloys i want the biggest and best i can get (of course) and would be no point getting the 15s really!

#20 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

umm ill ring ford in the morning to see what they have to say.

If/when i get new alloys i want the biggest and best i can get (of course) and would be no point getting the 15s really!

All this talk of alloys is making me want to buy something like this

http://www.topgear.c...40_18_tyres.php

Really like the black with chrome look... Will match my car!

Also my car will be coming with the 17" XPak alloys and I reckon I could get a good price flogging those! I think someone on this forum is looking for some also.... Its all so tempting!

#21 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

All this talk of alloys is making me want to buy something like this

http://www.topgear.c...40_18_tyres.php

Really like the black with chrome look... Will match my car!

Also my car will be coming with the 17" XPak alloys and I reckon I could get a good price flogging those! I think someone on this forum is looking for some also.... Its all so tempting!

The X wheels to buy new are 140 from ford parts, asked about them today! !Removed! expensive if you ask me!

Those wheels are amazing!!!

#22 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

The X wheels to buy new are 140 from ford parts, asked about them today! !Removed! expensive if you ask me!

Those wheels are amazing!!!

!Removed! Hell that would be over a grand all inclusive!

You really think they look amazing? I have never even seen any for real! Have to wait until it arrives.... Then we'll see....

#23 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:44 PM

!Removed! Hell that would be over a grand all inclusive!

You really think they look amazing? I have never even seen any for real! Have to wait until it arrives.... Then we'll see....

Yea man! They look really really nice, shame im just in love with the black and yellow look!

#24 RIIIDAA

RIIIDAA

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Titanium, Tech & dress-up pack

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

3% is absolutely fine - speedos are all out by such a margin anyway.

black with a polished lip is so ooooooold now, and the lip will corrode like a !Removed! unless your bathing them daily in the winter months to wash away street salt / grit etc

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users