Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Light Staying On Dashboard

redhedley01

Morning all!! I have just changed the alternator on my mondeo mk3 2005 diesel as the battery light came on and now that I have changed it it's still on anyone know why this is staying on?

If the light was on before you replaced the alternator, a poor earth or connection somewhere might be the cause and the alternator might not be faulty.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Check the connections to the alternator, also was it a genuine alternator or aftermarket?

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Right I don't have a proper voltage tester but got a one that checks the battery and alternator battery has came back as fine but alternator came as faulty so looks like the second rate alternator from eBay is no good I've ordered new one from a friend that works in a ford dealers so when I get it it'll be changed will keep you guys posted

Ur alternator might be grand u need buy multimeter can buy for 20 quid could be problem with wiring loom or smart charge system

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know guys car is now all sorted had a feeling it was the alternator belt but changed the alternator and belt tensioner as well as the belt

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC