Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pressure Washing?

DarrylW91

I'm looking into getting a pressure washer for my car, but I'm not really sure whether their a good idea, or safe to use on paintwork etc.

I've got a link to one below, does it look OK?

http://direct.asda.com/george/george-home/karcher-k2-compact-car-pressure-washer/001031087,default,pd.html

Ours is like that just without all the accessories.

The main warning is to be careful around seals and joints that you don't get too close as the pressure will drive through. Got to remember the car is designed to be rained on, not blasted with high pressure water.

Paint work is ok, this one is not massively high power, as long as you keep a good distance 1-2m and come in at an angle not straight on, it shouldn't be a problem.

I mainly use mine on the wheels, arches and worst part of the door panels and rear bumper where dirt gets flicked up.

Just don't use on loose paint/rusty parts it you have them, leave a bit of spead in the nozzle.

I got this one a month or so ago, its really good for the money and has tons of attachments I bought it for 99.99 so even better value now

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1577941/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+garden%7C33005908/c_2/2%7C33005908%7CLawnmowers+and+garden+power+tools%7C33007285/c_3/3%7Ccat_33007285%7CPressure+washers+and+accessories%7C33011579/c_4/4%7Ccat_33011579%7CPressure+washers%7C33018850.htm

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

I have had a Karcher Washer for 5 years now and have never had a problem with paintwork, I did once bring it to close to my hand and it took off a layer of skin....if you think its to strong you can always twist the head in the karcher models and bring down the pressure, I personally keep the it at least 15cm away from the paintwork, mine came with different nossels and I would stay away from the one that sprays a direct beam

http://www.karcher.co.za/za/Products/Home__Garden/Pressure_washers.htm?gclid=CJ3-l_D_370CFWUOwwod8TcAhg

Was going to say... can you not just turn the pressure down?

OH has a jet wash that we always use on the cars, just turn the pressure down so it's a bit less harsh lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

I'm looking into getting a pressure washer for my car, but I'm not really sure whether their a good idea, or safe to use on paintwork etc.

I've got a link to one below, does it look OK?

http://direct.asda.com/george/george-home/karcher-k2-compact-car-pressure-washer/001031087,default,pd.html

I have been looking for a pressure washer myself and done alot of research into this specific model, nothing but good news i've heard i will be buying it myself.

Only think i would say is to use a wax or polish to protect your paintwork from all the pressure blasting assuming your paintwork is in good condition to start with there really should be no problems but as already said do not use from extremely close range it will not clean any better

Its pretty well priced as well, so I might just go for it.

Bit of an ametur question, but with these pressure washers, do they do the snow foam thing?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z using Ford OC Mobile App

The Karcher model I have does have a pipe that sucks up washing fluid and blows out the snow bubbles, but in all honesty I used it once and found it much easier just to wash with a proper wash cloth and use the spraygun to blast the dirt and grime off with clean water, just be carefull when rolling up the pressure guns pipe, once they tear they are useless and it cost me about 40 Pounds to replace the 5m pipe, that was 3 years ago and never had that problem again. saves on water aswell, but then again u are using electricity.

The one we have fits with the snow foam lancer thing it's like an extra attachment

that little silver bottle with the black nozzle on top is the foamer by the looks of it, looks tidy for home use if you ask me and its a decent brand id buy it for that price

I have this model and its all good ,i have purchased a proper snow foam lance for mine as the one supplied aint much cop to be honest

The point to remember with these things, is that they do not replace the 2-bucket method.

Yeah we quickly jet wash, snowfoam, do the wheels with wonder wheels, rinse the whole car with jet wash, then bucket and sponge the whole thing, rinse with jet wash again and dry, then claybar/wax if needed.

You still need to clean it properly unfortunately :p these things just help make the process easier.

The point to remember with these things, is that they do not replace the 2-bucket method.

They're good for cleaning inside the wheel arches and under the floor, but in my personal opinion, not a lot else (as far as car cleaning is concerned). Sure they'll get a lot of loose dirt off but if you don't then go over the car in the old-fashioned manner, it's going to look like you haven't bothered at all.

I also have the patio cleaner thingy (K50, is it?) which does a decent job on the driveway, and the proper Karcher snowfoam lance which to be honest, is crap.

I Agree, it is a wonderfull tool, but doesn't replace the bucket and sponge, I can't soo how those fittings will replace a good scrub with hand and sponge, I have the K5.7, still the old model, but works like a dream for cleaning in that hard to reach places like the underside of the car and wheel wells