Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Galaxy S5

Sheriff

Anyone had hands on with one yet? Opinions?

I ordered one in blue last week, should get it this week. Just wondered what people's experiences are of them so far...

I'm on to galaxy s3 at mo and that chugs along. Did consider waiting for iPhone 6, but I'm not an Apple fanboi, and the galaxy phones, in my opinion, still rule. Apart from iTunes, which is still Apples trump card.

... I've got one hahah.

It's nice, not much different from an S3 tbh with you. Don't rate the 4G although I know that's not the phone.

Bit disappointed really.

I haven't yet used any of the extra features, responsive though, my S3 was dead slow.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Selling the old S3 by any chance then? ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Got my S5 on Saturday, I wouldn't say a massive change from an S3/S4 but much faster and smoother interface.

O2 bought my mint condition S3 (only a year old and not a mark on it as I always use Griffin Survivor cases) back for £105.

Here I was thinking you guys were a great bunch...... ;)

I will rather wait for the iPhone 6, Samsung still looks plastic to me S1-S5, I cant tell the difference

Here I was thinking you guys were a great bunch...... ;)

I will rather wait for the iPhone 6, Samsung still looks plastic to me S1-S5, I cant tell the difference

I feel the same about any Apple product, just keep releasing virtually the same but with a premium price...

I feel the same about any Apple product, just keep releasing virtually the same but with a premium price...

Thats why I skip a generation iPhone 4,5 etc, to be honest I do think both companys could learn from each other. I would prefer a bigger screen like that of the Samsung

Got my S5 on Saturday, I wouldn't say a massive change from an S3/S4 but much faster and smoother interface.

O2 bought my mint condition S3 (only a year old and not a mark on it as I always use Griffin Survivor cases) back for £105.

How would you rate the Griffin case? I've had an Otterbox Defender which was crap and am now using an Otterbox Commuter, which is much better but lacks the integral screen protection.

As for the S5...my contract is up for renewal in September, so going to wait until then!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

some of the reviews arnt that good on the s5.

im due my upgrade at the end of june,im running a s3 at the mo myself so am very tempted to go for the s5.

Having only had my S5 for a couple of days so far I'm still getting the feel of it but the water resistance, screen size, processor speed and camera quality are worth the upgrade IMO.

I tried an Otterbox on my S3 but found the belt clip weak and it would catch on everything causing the clip to lock open and eventually snap.

The Griffin cases are more sturdy and the belt clips are better.

In my job a case to stop the phone smashing when dropped or knocked/ripped off my belt or vest is essential.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies...

My s3 is dead slow even after a clean up so I'm sure I'll welcome the extra speed, and better camera. The water/dust resistance will be handy too.

It's a pity I can't find a klickfast pouch to hold my phone, much easier for us Bizzies ;)

I resisted the urge as my upgrade is due, and I'm waiting for the Galaxy Note 4;)

Should be out later this year.

Im gunna wait for the iPhone 6 meself got the s3 now and although samsungs are miles better for doing things on as apple are pretty restrictive but i do like the more premium look and feel of iphones :wacko:

Im gunna wait for the iphone 6 meself got the s3 now and although samsungs are miles better for doing things on as apple are pretty restrictive but i do like the more premium look and feel of iphones :wacko:

Pitty they aren't as good quality as they look, screen and buttons so delicate and easily broken.

Iv always been lucky with screens tbh dropped my s3 and iphones on there screens on concrete and never shattered luckily haha prob break this one now later

The S5 apparently got a higher toughness ratings than the iPhone 5 in tests plus it's water resistant.

I've seen too many iphones with scragged screens to want one.

• Like 1

i'll be upgrading to the S5 as soon as my contract is up :)

I did use iTunes all the time, I use spotify now :)

Just called EE ... Delivery date for blue one is anytime before 25th.

Ah yes, the blue one :d.

Missus ordered a blue one a week before I ordered a black one and she's still waiting (impatiently I must add).

I still use iTunes lol, mainly use the play store though!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

iTunes have always been a pain, but once you know how its not as bad. I connected my system on wifi, so everytime I'm at home it automatically updates new songs, apps etc. don't need to connect to itunes directly, those times have long past, I am a big fan of the samsungs bigger screen, but I'll be waiting for September when the new iPhone 6 will be released (maybe)

ps. I have dropped my iPhone 3gs/4/5 and will probably drop the next one, but sofar I have been lucky enough never to have broken a screen, then again, I think having a cover and screen protector makes a big difference

Got my s5 a few days ago now. Love it. Soooooooo much faster than my s3. It's not a 'breakthrough' phone by a long shot, most phones never are nowadays they just improve on last years model. Still not a huge fan of touchwiz I'd prefer a raw android o/s if I'm honest, but this version better than ever.

All in all, some nice touches, great camera, lightning quick and a fantastic screen. Loving it.

I'm fed up of Samsung's now, since my S3 despite being cased from day 1 the bezel chips and the silver paint comes off. Looks awful eventually.