Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux

Big-tom

Anyone else thing the aux port in the glovebox is the most ridiculous place ever???

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It's terrible design in my opinion.

I ended up drilling a hole in the back of the glove box to run the aux lead back there down the passenger kick panel then up the handbrake.

Think they should of just put the socket in the garage door compartment.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

I think its designed so you can have stuff plugged in but not on show for thieves. Anything not removed or adequately hidden and insurance can refuse to pay out.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

It would be far easier if the socket was on the console or dash.

Easier but then you'd have to unplug it when you leave the car otherwise it will leave a trail to where possibly an iPod or other device is stored so a target for smash and grab. When we had our C Max I just kept my iPod in the glovebox cause I hate wires dangling down.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Yes it's a stupid place to put it!! Ours seems to be a bit dodgy as well.Sound drops out then if you drop the door open on the glove box it comes back on. Not sure if it's a dodgy cable though. Works fine in my Focus with my trusty Pioneer!

Most people tend to re route it the garage door/ash tray is they use it regularly as it's quite easy to do.

Because of the way the socket is designed any movement between the front and rear parts causes the contacts inside to miss the inserted 3.5 plug.

Replace it with an aftermarket cable with a 3.5 plug on the end, far better.

Mine was in the glovebox. But when i installed bluetooth and usb. I bought a new console that has the arm rest compartment which included usb socket and aux. I just connected that to my aux wiring at the glovebox end. Dont got a stupid aux in my glovebox now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club