Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Take This Trim Piece Out?

Monz87

The piece under the handbrake lever is scratched so I thought i'd wrap this bit with carbon fibre wrap. So I managed to take it off but can't get the damn thing out because of the handbrake lever, it does't pass through, gets blocked. So I thought i'd try to take off the handle bit of the handbrake lever, can't even take the damn thing off! I can pry off the side facing the centre console of the top cover on the handle but the other side I can't take off. Who knows even after I open the top bit if I can take the whole handle off to pass the trim through. Any ideas guys?

post-50436-139756444537_thumb.jpgpost-50436-13975644641_thumb.jpgpost-50436-139756447795_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Will no amount of twisting or turning allow the trim to slide out?

Will no amount of twisting or turning allow the trim to slide out?

nope, keeps getting caught on the lever and not just for a tiny bit either :(

this any good?

eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=1247697&s_id_model=118

this any good?

eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=1247697&s_id_model=118

Well that takes me to a page where I can select trim parts, but when I click the show prices it goes to a foreign page which basically doesn't find anything..?

But I need to know how to take my existing trim out...

Ask on the smax owners club site - others on there have removed this trim in the past.

Ask on the smax owners club site - others on there have removed this trim in the past.

cheers, will do

Iv seen this be done and they basically pulled the hand brake as far up as possible so it left a bigger gap between the handle and the bottom trim and then it slid out easily

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

I tried though, but how much can I take it up, I heard these cables are prone to snapping. I pulled quite hard and it still wouldn't come through but don't wanna pull much harder incase it snaps ...?

Reading the haynes manual recently, you have to remove the full centre console area, in doing so you need the handbrake up at least 75% - full lock, this will then allow you to pull the back of the console up and then over the handbrake and then the rest should pop out.

Thanks guys, I've actually done it, just needed to pull the handbrake higher as you've said, was really simple, can't believe I was messing about so much the first time.

But now having such difficulties wrapping it with the carbon fibre vinyl, even with a heat gun, the middle bit in the sides is too hard!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club