• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 duncjudi

duncjudi

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

I join this forum about a month ago. Since then I've only posted half a dozen things on here mainly about fiesta st as that what I own. Every time you try discuss different thing about what you or others have had done the seam to be a few people ready to put you down. Put a snarned comment in. Or just try make you look like a idiot.
Ok so I will admit it I am no mechanic and I would say iam up to date with all the technical detail ect ect.
For this reason I won't be writing on here again. It's a shame I got bits of help from some good members on here.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 BeccaaCat

BeccaaCat

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Name: Rebecca
  • Ford Model: Mountune Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2009

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

That's a shame! I've never had a bad experience on here, I think you're just unfortunate lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

#3 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,550 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

I have had a look through your posts and cant see anything negative at all Judi. In fact it appears you have a very unique car due to the colour along with the Mountune upgrade which has attracted more positive comments. People have opinions which you may not like but even then I cant see anything that would upset the most fragile of personalities. Again that is only personal opinion and nothing personal directed at any individual.

I have had a few dissagreements but that is all they were based on people having a difference of opinion. Its what keeps this site alive. You should have a look at the BMW Owners Club site. It is dead in comparison to this place, which is why I spend more time here than I do there despite now owning a Beemer.

#4 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 830 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 1.6 TI-VCT
  • Year: 2010

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

I think you are being over sensitive, I have just read the threads you have participated in and don't see anything other than banter, also see good examples of people responding positively to you.

As with any forum you will get out what you put in, keep contributing, know when to post and when not to and if you don't like the banter think what reaction your posts might get before posting.

Forums are just like real life really, you meet some people you get along with and others you don't like. Just stay away from the ones you don't like.

As a direct response to what I think may have prompted this thread. Some people just don't like seeing people spend large amounts of their hard earned cash on small performance gains. They, like all of us are entitled to their opinion no matter how blunt it's put. If people are abusive (which I think I can only recall seeing once in the 8 months I have been on here-and it was dealt with promptly) report them to a moderator.

I hope you continue to use/participate in the forum, if not all the best for the future

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

#5 GRAHAM46

GRAHAM46

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: FOCUS mk 2 LX
  • Year: 2005

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

I've been on here a while and have never had a problem with replies from anybody. Even if I have asked the most obviously questions I have always been given help. A couple of people on here have saved me a trip to the garage to sort problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

#6 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,704 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Hi graham, I wouldn't over think it, the guys above hit the nail on the head, when it comes to a standout motor there is always negative with positive, however if you do feel that it is unacceptable, you're welcome to PM me the details and I will investigate it, we're always wanting to have a friendly environment and would be happy to point individuals in the right direction if it's appropriate.

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

#7 GRAHAM46

GRAHAM46

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

Did you mean the first poster Jeenowhite? My post was in full support of the forum or have my old fingers hit a button I didn't mean to?

#8 GRAHAM46

GRAHAM46

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

See I can't spell your name right

#9 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,820 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Members are always free to contact any Club Staff if they feel aggrieved or if they think that they have been treated unfairly.
As James says, we all want a friendly environment in which to discuss cars and general topics.
All Members must accept that an individuals sense of humour may vary from theirs and be tolerant of that fact.
Debate is actively encouraged and healthy but blatant arguments or outright bullying is not acceptable and will be dealt with robustly by the Club Staff.

#10 chris365

chris365

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Well personally I think if one asks a stranger a question unsolicited one must accept the response.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

#11 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 963 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

I join this forum about a month ago. Since then I've only posted half a dozen things on here mainly about fiesta st as that what I own. Every time you try discuss different thing about what you or others have had done the seam to be a few people ready to put you down. Put a snarned comment in. Or just try make you look like a idiot.
Ok so I will admit it I am no mechanic and I would say iam up to date with all the technical detail ect ect.
For this reason I won't be writing on here again. It's a shame I got bits of help from some good members on here.

I'm far from technical myself when it comes to cars, but I will always ask a question no matter how silly it may seem to another person or how much they roll their eyes (as much as you can on the internet  :D ).

In the rare instance you might get a snarky or unhelpful comment to a post of yours, there will always be a hundred more positive and helpful replies from our fab Foc community. Don't take it to heart and remember, for everything in life there is a meme to respond appropriately: 

Observe  :D

batfleck-bale823F_zps568b44c4.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users