AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

DaynaKingshott

Ford Fiesta 1999 Mk4 16V First Car - Need Help Please

2 posts in this topic

Heyyah guys im 16 years old and just bought my first car off a mate for £200. A Ford Fiesta Zetec 1999 MK4 16v - as per the price i have some problems.....

1. The driver side door is very temperamental and will not unlock?

2. My fuel gauge does not change even if i fill the car up. I first got in the car and turned it on to see the that needle was at empty and the orange light had appeared. After filling £10 into the tank this did not change....fuel sender unit? I hear it is placed under the back seat, how do i fix this problem?

3. The break pads and break disc needs changing. I can find these cheap on the internet but how do i change them? Are there any videos about? or....

I have no quals in motor vehicle and have never even changed a wheel...I will need a lot of help. I would love to get into motor vehicle but need a push in the right direction :)

Get yourself a http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=12921&langId=-1 Haynes Manual which will show you how to carry out the tasks you describe. You can usually pick them up on eBay second hand if you don't want a new one.