Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Polisher? Do I Buy One?

ashleymount95

Been thinking of buying a car polisher but not 100% sure if to or not? Can anyone help with if it's worth it and what to buy as I have heard they can burn the car paint work? But don't want to spend a lot of money?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

to be fair the price you would be to buy one your probablly best getting it done professionally by a valeter. yes it is true you can burn the paint as you are removing a fine layer of lacquer at a time so concentrate on an area too long and thats through into the paint

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Think u only maximise burning the paintwork using a rotary polisher if ur inexperienced so if its your first one your best getting a dual action polisher as they dont just rotate in one position

post-37742-139777119669_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Could you send me a link on what type to get?:s thanks?

best bet is if you do get one find an old panel to try first as I think you can burn through with both

• 3 weeks later...

First time useing my polisher today! Think it's gone pretty well!:)attachment=15297:ImageUploadedByFord OC1399387097.179821.jpg]

post-51588-139938709964_thumb.jpg

First time useing my polisher today! Think it's gone pretty well!:)attachment=15297:ImageUploadedByFord OC1399387097.179821.jpg]

Happy days what polisher did you end up getting ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Ended up just getting a cheap £20 one! was worried about my paint so just when for a slow/safe one!

Slow safe and monitor the temperature of the paintwork

Result! have you got a link to the polisher you bought?

• 1 month later...

i got a silverline one off eBay about 4 years ago and its still going .the pads you get with it are !Removed! but the polisher is brill cost me about 45 quid its a rotary though just go on youtube plenty of vids or detailing world and like somebody said get an old panel to try it on

sounds good!

The one iv got is what i used to use to flat and polish with, its a big old beast but does the job!

Sent from my ST25i

the bigger the better, especially if its a Dual Action!

to be fair, even the small orbital ones will work, as long as you dont put all your body weight on top of it with cutting compound on the sponge. I used one to polish some scratches out of my Focus years ago (this was a woolworths special for about a tenner at the time!) and it worked a treat, I just used it and moved it as if I was using my hand to do the polish, except I didnt end up with sleeping arms at the end!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club