Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Change?

richardvilla

HI All

I am new to Mondeo got myself a 2003 1.8lx. Wish Id done a bit of research before I bought and got a 2004 plate with the trip computerand the upgraded stereo with aux in and phone on it! I love my gadgets!

I can't do nothing about the trip computer (mpg left etc) but hoping to do something with the stereo.

I have a 6000 rds stereo and was wondering if i could change to the upgraded one I mentioned, or one of the double din dvd players like Erisin with bluettoth, sd card etc??

I hope so, or I may be looking to change again for a newer plate soon!

Thanks in advance.

I had Mondeo on 53 plate and the radio slot there was 1.5 din rather than 2 din.

This means you can't fit the double din radio. I had Blaupunkt E single din satnav in my car and had to use special blanking plate for the half-din area.

As to trip computer it is actually fiffed in LX but not activated. You can get the instrument cluster into test mode (can't remember the sequnce). In this mode it will show mpg. Sadly the test mode will switch off with ignition.

HI thanks for your reply.

Shame about the double din feature not there I was looking at the erisin dvd players with bluetooth etc on eBay.

As for the instrument cluster I do not have the button on the end of the left hand stick to show mpg etc, are you saying i can still get it? is that by pressing the mileage reset button several times or something?

Thanks

I am sure there are plenty of single din radios with bluetooth and satnav around.

As to the hack (it is not really a hack but rather test mode) I believe I had to turn off ignition then hold mileage reset button then turn ignition on while holding the button, Or something like that - sorry, I sold my Mondeo 5 years ago.

There also was another hack on how to turn automatic door locking on but I can't remember the procedure.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club