Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Routine For A Clean Motor

k13r4n

ok guys as it says in the title this is how I wash my car and what I use.

1st of all I wet the car down with the washer then snow foam the car currently using lintec ph neutral let it run for few mins then rinse off.

2nd I clean the wheels using an alloy brush and autoglym cleen wheels. This is here as the wheel cleaner is the harshest of the chemicals then the next step removes the excess.

3rd I then hand wash the car with the two bucket method top to bottom rinse sponge after each panel etc etc. for this im using one bucket of plain water the other with autoglym bodywork shampoo and conditioner. I then rinse with the pressure washer.

4th I now if polishing/waxing I now remove all the tar from the car using autogylm intensive tar remover and a microfibre cloth with light pressure to remove the stubborn bits. I then rinse the car again to remove excess tar remover.

5th This step I havent done but should is to claybar the car. I'm led to believe that you use either a 1/3rd of a bar and use the lubricant very generously rubbing the flattened clay bar with light pressure in small areas until no friction is felt then move around the car rinsing againg with water. The other way is to use a clay towel in the same manor but turning the towel regularly.

6th I would now apply a layer of polish and yes you guessed it its autoglym super resin polish. I then leave a panel polish the next then remove the previous if sunny. If the weather isnt sunny I polish the whole car then buff with a microfibre towel until all polish residue is removed.

7th I now apply a wax im currently using autoglym hd wax which is applied In small circles and left for 15 mins then buffed off with a microfibre towel.

8th I then give inside a clean out and hover and if needed the carpets get a clean with autoglym interior shampoo and for the seats its autoglym leather cleaner. note you can use the interior shampoo on seats if you dont have leather.

9th I then wipedown the dash with a microfibre towel and if needed use autogylm vinyl and rubber care on the dash, door sills and interior plastics.

10th I then if needed apply autoglym leather care balm to help stop the leather drying out.

11th I now clean the glass with you guessed again more autoglym products this time a combination of fast glass and glass polish which is left on for 5mins then comes off with a microfibre towel. the polush can also be used outside to rid the car of water marks and can also give a beading effect in the rain. TOP TIP the windscreen is a nightmare as things are in the way ie mirror and steering wheel, so sit in the passenger seat and stretch over makes life easier.

12th I now go back to the wheels and apply autoglym wheel seal to help stop the brake dust building up and sticking to the alloys. I lastly apply you guessed it Maguires tyre shine gel ( you thought I was gonna say autoglym there) to give the tyres a new wet look.

I now step back and look and go oops I missed that bit and fix it. Now the car is clean and usually very shiny ready for the bird droppings, tar and muck to build again.

I hope you didnt find this too boring to read and maybe learn something from it. I'd also like to add that despite the fact I use autoglym products others are just as good and I have no connection with them I just find they are very good and easy to use.

Thanks for reading guys and girls as ever your feedback is welcome.

• Like 3

Next time try the purple wonder wheels, best wheel cleaner I've ever used. Better than even autoglym machine cleaner.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I use the exact same method and steps just with some different products

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used the wonder wheels cleaner before and its not bad stinks though but really fancy trying the iron x stuff

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

I use Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, good product and smells great :)

• 3 weeks later...

Megiuars for me all the way! No bad products! you seem to do a lot of rinsing....

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Megiuars for me all the way! No bad products! you seem to do a lot of rinsing....

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yes as when using snow foam then hand wash then if I use the tar remover just to get the chemicals off

I am trying to become a Detailer, I keep getting new products and practise on my parents cars! Hopefully I will be fully prepared once I turn 17!

I am trying to become a Detailer, I keep getting new products and practise on my parents cars! Hopefully I will be fully prepared once I turn 17!

Good to hear hopefully you will and I know both autoglym and autosmart offer courses to people in the trade

When I get my car I will keep an eye out for any detailing courses and learn from the professionals. I learnt most of my skills myself from reading various detailing websites including detailing world.

I need to test out my clay bar buy my mum won't let my try it on her car even though she lets me polish it with Autoglym SRP and wax with HD Wax! :(

I use Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, good product and smells great :)

I must agree, the bilberry wheel cleaner is a great product..

If you jet wash, you wont need to even touch the wheels, Simply spray on.. allow to work and jet wash off.

It does help sealing the wheels after to prevent as much brake dust build up and easier next time around.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club