Mrmark941

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 67 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mark 6.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Hi guys, need some help here as I've got a little problem with my number plate lights. 

The left one was flickering for some time so I did replace the bulb to see if it was this, to my surprise it was still flickering. So, I opted to go for two new clusters, but upgraded (all in one LED Modules) ones. When I popped the boot it worked, great, however... I did it again to get back into the boot and it no longer worked :( This also means that my dashboard lights (aka clocks, heater controls) no longer light up. 

Heres what I've done so far to try and resolve it: 

• Changed the fuse, I changed F20 (7.5A) to a 10A fuse (Although the 7.5 didn't look blown). 
  • img0210bv.jpg
  • Changed back to the old clusters, but to still no joy. 
  • Taken a multimeter to the cables, power is outputted when the boot is popped. 

Any other ideas? It cannot be the whole loom as the Windscreen wiper, jets and boot pop still work! 

Stuck for ideas, not exactly please either being as I drive at night so don't really want to get pulled and then be known to the police. Plus it's an MOT failure as far as I know which isn't great! 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Chris_pickford94

Chris_pickford94

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2.5
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Seen as the power is only there when the boot is open, I'm assuming the loom/ wiring has been squashed somewhere
Have a look the the connectors on the boot and make sure all of the cables are alright, not squashed or pulled too tight

Hope this helps in someway

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

#3 Mrmark941

Mrmark941

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 67 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mark 6.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

So yeah, turns out it was looking right at me. I had changed one of the fuses (Which intact didn't need changing) and didn't change the other one.... All fixed I believe! 

Note: If anybody else has this problem change both fuses!  :P

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: number, plate, bulbs, dont, work, fiesta, mk6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users