Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Wipers

david295

Mk7 window wipers

I know the sizes for front are 26 drivers and 15 passenger

Currently on mine i have a 16 on passenger, that is how i got it from fords, but now it is time to change them am i ok to just replace it with a 16, 15 just seems a bit small, a 16 takes it right to edge of screen which is great.

Wouldn't it be easier just getting a set from Halfords that are designed for the car? It's not like you will be impacted by the passenger side being 1 cm shorter! Just a thought!

Tbh, above has a point about halfrauds... If you can warrant the price. If not, eurocarparts will surely have the size you want. If it has 16 on the rear. I would just replace like for like.

On the cost aspect of it, asda did have a deal on (i think they were) valeo aero Wiper Blades for £3 each on offer

Don't think there much more than that normally and have lasted me for a while now, and still going better than other ones I've had previously

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/c/wiper_blades_and_components_602/

FPUK have been great for me, and they're Ford OE parts for cheaper than dealer prices. I've had a set on since August and they're still like new. Plus they have the dot that turns yellow when they're ready for replacing.

Try wiperblades.co.uk, my parents have ordered wipers for their cars in the past and they are good!

+1 Got their own aeroblades from them for my previous car. Looked great and were silent.

If it was me I'd just change them like for like, but don't buy the cheap ones on eBay, there shockingly bad.

If it was me I'd just change them like for like, but don't buy the cheap ones on eBay, there shockingly bad.

I disagree on this with experience from both sides. Ford dealer wipers and Bosch best wipers from Halfords over £60 and both started creating marks and lines after one month during summer! I now have a set of eBay cheapos going strong still same on my previous car, eBay cheapos.

I have a theory on this and I may be wrong but I think the high end wipers are in storage at halfords/ford too long and dries out become weak causing them to fail. Cheaper eBay stuff on the other hand tend to hold up better

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I have a theory on this and I may be wrong but I think the high end wipers are in storage at halfords/ford too long and dries out become weak causing them to fail. Cheaper ebay stuff on the other hand tend to hold up better.

This makes sense, but you can't be sure how long they store them. We should also keep in mind that the wear depends on how often the wipers work, and how dirty the windscreen is when they do. I have kept the factory blades for very long, by keeping the car clean and using rain repellent (keeps water away and dirt from sticking with it).

And to the point, the extra inch sounds appealing to me. Extra visibility won't hurt as long as you make sure the range of wiping is entirely on the windscreen. Maybe unnecessary as said before, but I wouldn't mind it. And I definitely have no problem installing the same as now. So it is up to each one's preference I guess...

I disagree on this with experience from both sides. Ford dealer wipers and bosch best wipers from halfords over £60 and both started creating marks and lines after one month during summer! I now have a set of ebay cheapos going strong still same on my previous car, ebay cheapos.

I have a theory on this and I may be wrong but I think the high end wipers are in storage at halfords/ford too long and dries out become weak causing them to fail. Cheaper ebay stuff on the other hand tend to hold up better

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Well i have used the cheapo eBay ones and Bosch wipers and in my experience Bosch were by far the best and the eBay ones actually scratched my windscreen and they didnt last long at all! But saying that i got my Bosch wipers from eBay as well so im guessing the storage time wont be aslong as a set from the dealers/halfords, hence why they were better as they hadnt dried out/ weakened.

I don't know where you get the size of 15 inch for the passenger side from.

I have always known them to be 26 in and 16 inch.

Having just gone out and measured several Fiestas in my car park they are all 16 inch.

The 16 inch blade stops 25mm ( 1 inch ) from the edge of the screen so is the correct one.

Bosch Areo Twin blades 26/16in are only £22 post free on eBay.

I don't know where you get the size of 15 inch for the passenger side from.

I have always known them to be 26 in and 16 inch.

Having just gone out and measured several Fiestas in my car park they are all 16 inch.

The 16 inch blade stops 25mm ( 1 inch ) from the edge of the screen so is the correct one.

Bosch Areo Twin blades 26/16in are only £22 post free on Ebay.

I will tell you where size 15 comes from, from Ford themselves, they say 15 passenger, 26 drivers, and 16 goes right to edge of screen, with no 1 inch gap from edge of screen, i am more than happy to put pics up, but can not do it until i get home when i finish work