Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

alf1956

Fusion 1.4 Tdci Remap Chip From Ebay

8 posts in this topic

has anybody fitted one of those basic remap chips on sale on ebay for around £12 ? they purport to increase the torque&increase the bhp by 30

Avoid them they simply trick the ecu into thinking the outside air is colder than it really is causing the car to over-fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

alf1956 likes this

thank you for your reply. it seems strange that they claim to increase mpg if all it does is over fuel as over fueling will give you less mpg surely ?

None of the claims they make are true they are simply variable resistors in a box. Do a google search for "IAT resistor mod" it will explain how they work

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

alf1956 likes this

Look for good quality tuning boxes.

I fitted one for my oppo a short while back and he's more than happy plus his fuel economy has improved by about 5% too.

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/?wnd_traffic_source=google&wnd_campaign_medium=cpc&wnd_campaign_name=TDITuningBrandUK&wnd_keyword=www%20tdi%20tuning%20co%20uk&wnd_match_type=p&gclid=CNfT5p3h7b0CFWzJtAodxlcAXg

alf1956 likes this

Nice tip, thanks... B)

Stay clear! Mighty Car Mods have done an episode on the cheap ones on YouTube, look it up!

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.

Xenon Headlights, LED Fogs, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Internal Cabin Lights, Sport Aerial, German Font Number Plates, Sony Xplod CD Player, Sub Woofer, Two 6X9 Speakers on Parcel Shelf, Carbon Fibre Gear Knob, Debadged Rear.

Iv just fitted a power box 3 to my fusion 1.4tdci and I'm over the moon with the power gain and it's possible to take it up another 2stages for more gains