Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7/8 Decat For Tdci

choppah666

Does anyone know where I can get a decat pipe for my 1.4tdci fez? Or if a petrol decat would fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Does anyone know where I can get a decat pipe for my 1.4tdci fez? Or if a petrol decat would fit?

hi Dan,

All modern diesels from 2008 onwards have mandatory dpf's fitted (diesel particulate filters) some models have pipes carrying eloya fluid to the dpf chamber allowing it to clean itself, aswell as pressure sensors on both sides of the filter,

Other models are ceramic and do not require eloys fluid,

However all are controlled by the ecu,

Removal requires ecu remapping aswell as cutting of the exhaust system,

It has come in to the mot check to visually inspect for the presence of a dpf,

Only way to safely decat, is to have the dpf/cat chamber cut open on the existing weld,

Scoop out internals,

Weld back up on factory joint,

Refit to car,

Have car remapped and blank the egr,

Dpf chamber is present will pass mot inspection aswell as providing the desired effect,

But complete decat/dpf removal is illegal and will fail mot,

So in short, there is no "off the shelf" item available for this job,

Oh really that's a shame. Was looking forward to the throaty sound through twin rear pipes. Thank you for you reply Lenny.

Oh really that's a shame. Was looking forward to the throaty sound through twin rear pipes. Thank you for you reply Lenny.

no problem mate,

If you blank the egr with a stainless steel blanking plate, this will increase flow of gasses by up to 20% reduce turbo lag and slight increase in sound,

Ive had my dpf gutted and chamber refitted,

Does make a difference and remapped not to smoke, but without the presence of a dpf chamber it will fail visual,

Also must be cut open on the factory weld, otherwise it will fail if saw to have been tamperd with

IMG_20130913_153107_zps9e71779e.jpg

Where could I get it remapped or have the work done? And rough cost?

Where could I get it remapped or have the work done? And rough cost?

EGR blanking,

You can do this for under 10 pounds, doesnt require remapping and prevents exhaust gas recirculation which can dirty you4oil quicker than normal,

A bonus to blanking the egr causes 100% of waste gases to flow out the exhaust spinning your turbo com0ressor slightly sooner giving you a reduction in turbo lag,

Just ensure to fit a blanking plate made from stainless steel,

Not alluminium because they break through over a period of time causing fragments of metal to become blocked in the engine, but a stainless steel blanking plate will never break through and available from eBay,

After this i recommend fitting a performance induction filter the straight swap panel filter type, green cotton performance manufacture one for the 1.4tdci,

I have a 10% discount off green if you log on here using a windows based computer, click on my profile page, then click the link to my guide on green cotton performance,

Read the guide to find the 10% discount code aswell as a link to purchase from within the uk.

DPF removal,

The cost varies from 350-450gbp

Its becoming difficult to find a place that will actually cut it on the joint and remove its internals, because the internal network shares much the same charecteristics as aspestos: most places prefer to fit a straight pipe instead of gutting the chamber, but this straight pipe will fail visual on the MOT,

Im in ireland so i cant recommend anyone close to you mate,

Best advise i can give is to shop around and ensure there going to internally remove not just chop and fit a pipe,

The remap also increases power so its well worth the cost,

My focus was 90bhp standard but now 125bhp after dpf removal, egr blank, green induction filter, 2.5" duplex exhaust and ecu remap, yet still when driven normal gets 68mpg

The 1.4TDCi does not have a DPF. Only the 95PS 1.6TDCi

• Like 1

Cheers for your help Lenny I will be in touch.

Nath is this for all 1.4tdci's van included?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club