Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone Chips

bluemippy

After a good wash and polish on my focus this weekend I noticed that the front of my car was covered in stone chips, my car is performance blue in colour. Who would you recommend to sort this out. my local ford dealer or chips away or similar? mt car is an 08 plate.

Same. Mines mood dust silver so not as noticeable. How many miles you done ?

you have three options here really:

1) self repair - touch up kits - give a level of protection, but can be as noticeable as the chip.

2) Chips Away, they tend to be very good, and if you do a touch up yourself, they can then polish it out for you, I had a quote from them when I had my Kia Cee'd - I did the stone touch ups on the bonnet on about 12 chips, they quoted me £15 to polish it all up in order to give it that nice clean / fresh painted look for the bonnet, and an average of about £15 per small - medium panel to do the same

3) respray - By far the most expensive option, and often the biggest waste of time you will invest in, the chips will come back!

I would recommend you at least get Chips Away to come out and see you, they can then give you a quote for the work, and ask there advice on a touch up kit and what they can do to make it look a lot better when your done!

Never heard of this James? Are the a national company? Do you know if they cover Scotland?

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for your replies, Ive had the car since December it has done 59k I have put nearly 2k since Ive had it,it is 7miles each way to work and back all motoway but the chips have only started to show the last 2 or 3 weeks, certainly not on the car when I got it from my local Ford garage.

Hi Kris not sure on Scotland but have a look on their website and find your nearest.

As for the motor, it could be a number of reasons why they are coming out now, I suppose Road degradation is most likely, maybe it's worth a few layers of wax when you get it done

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club