KAR

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Galaxy
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

2010 2.0 TDCi Zetec been experiencing 'Transmission Limited Function' on dashboard. When the problem happens I put the car into manual and find that I only have gears 1, 3 & 5 or gears 2, 4 & 6. Switch engine off and on and all problems go away. I can drive several miles before it happens again. Its been back to Ford dealer several times and has had clutch assembly replaced. But last week when the 'Transmission Limited Function' warning appeared and I went into manual the dashboard said I was in gear 7. On previous occasions I have always had drive, but this time no drive at all. Also engine warning light came on. The car is back with the dealer. They've discovered they should have replaced a speed sensor when they replaced the clutch. But they can't explain gear 7 message. They have spoken to Ford technical but they've never heard of gear 7 being displayed either. Has anyone else heard of gear 7 being displayed?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,873 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Sounds like a gearbox failure, the actuator doesnt sounds to be locking at a certain point depending on the existing gear at the time of the error, and it cant move the lateral movement correctly.

Unfortunately it sounds like (unless its got any warranty at all) that you might have a heavy piece of paper in your pocket and a lighter wallet at the end of it...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users