Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka 2009 1.2 Duratec Exhaust/engine Issue.

hadders211

Evening guys. Been tearing my hair out over a 'clunking' noise, coming from my engine at idle. Started off pretty quiet, but over the last month or so, it's become progressively louder. It's now gotten to the point that along with the noise, my airbox seems to shake pretty badly at idle, almost asif it's stalling, then it'll pick back up again. Could this be the CAT internals? Or something more serious. Had a quick scower about, but can't find anything obvious. Drives perfectly. I've uploaded a video, to give a better indication of what I'm talking about.

i would do a change of oil...plugs..filters and perhaps the aux belt & have the pullys checked

then you can try a bottle of tappet additive

just put the whole bottle in with your engine oil and run car as normal.you do not have to

change the oil after adding the additive until normal service times.it stopped my rattly engine but you

need to be patient

as it take quite a few miles to get working mine took about 2 weeks + to be noticable

Hi

Idle control valve

or leads/coils

Jamie

may also think about replacing lambda sensor but the idle control valve is easy just 2 bolts to remove & give it a good clean as it get gummed up

Thanks guys, will be sure to check this out. Could anyone tell me where these are located on the new ka?

Wouldn't have thought an idle control valve would cause what sounds to be a knocking/clunking sound, such as fhia......

Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi Guys,

After many weeks of looking into it here and there I think I might have found the cause, or at least found a reasonable suspect! The flywheel bolts. A few have listened and guessed this. Going to have a look and I'll report back. Cheers!

hope it was something simple to sort m8 and at no cost

Hopefully so Delboy, not yet had the box out. I'll get round to it soon. Will be my first time removing a box on a car, not the usual wagon! I'll keep it posted.

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys

Just seen the posts and would like to know where the ISCV is on the mk2 ka 1.2 petrol 2009 RU8 (not the purge valve under the throttle body).

I am no mechanic but have been told mine has one but cannot find it.

On eBay shows it as round 75mm X 50mm with conection plug ar 90 degrees

Many thanks Andy.

• 2 years later...
On 6/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, Andy62 said:

Hi Guys

Just seen the posts and would like to know where the ISCV is on the mk2 ka 1.2 petrol 2009 RU8 (not the purge valve under the throttle body).

I am no mechanic but have been told mine has one but cannot find it.

On ebay shows it as round 75mm X 50mm with conection plug ar 90 degrees

Many thanks Andy.

Any luck. Can't find mine