Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid's

Hinkko360

Hi All,

as some of you may of seen from other posts i have recently taken delivery of a Spirt Blue ST2 and I'm after getting a HID conversion kit for it and was wondering on any recommendations on wheres best to get a kit from as theres so many out there and not sure on which is best to get and also how easy they are to fit and mount the balists as engine bays being what they are nowadays with how compact they are

You are going to need auto-levelling and washer jets to pass an MOT.

Would it not be easier just to get some different bulbs to put in the projector lamps?

Ive put osram blue hypers in my st2 and they look great at night I would recommend them , cba with hids

forget what people say about mots mine passed fine with them in at a ford garage! also i got mine from hids direct 35w H7 6000K temp, so easy to mount and use look epic superb night vision never been flashed id recommend any time!!!

They wont pass the MOT if they aren't aligned correctly thats all, but bear in mind if you dazzle a copper they'll pull you and order you to remove them and produce / issue a fine ( no points ) plus I'm a hater of these things, they are a complete menace when someone blinds you with them and they near enough always do. just get some decent bulbs in.

Plus Xenon bulbs and White LEDS doesn't look right either imo.

• Like 1

They wont pass the MOT if they aren't aligned correctly thats all, but bear in mind if you dazzle a copper they'll pull you and order you to remove them and produce / issue a fine ( no points ) plus I'm a hater of these things, they are a complete menace when someone blinds you with them and they near enough always do. just get some decent bulbs in.

Have you changed the bulbs in your ST2? if so which ones do you recomend I've never had a problem with being blinded by them by other road users when I've seen them in projector headlamps but always get blinded when seen them installed in reflector headlamps

Ive put osram blue hypers in my st2 and they look great at night I would recommend them , cba with hids

Is there a noticeable difference on the road a night i just find the standard bulbs in the ST not quite bright enough sometimes at night, how much did cost ?

Any pics? I put illegal Philips Diamond Visions in mine, because Criminal.

• Like 1

aligning them is soo easy one allen key a garage/ wall with the L shaped line accross it on paper, turn the lights on about 5foot from the wall and adjust the two allen key points on the back of the lights big yellow things move the light beam up and down untill level, sorted or pay a garage a tenner to do it and double check it will pass an mot with the machine, ive never been flashed, only used top quailty stuff, clean lenses all the time, and i drive past mod police and a station on my way to and from work, with lights on and never been pulled never had any one second look them either and if you go with 6000 or 4300K no one will question them as they look white just like the audis and mercs and they do look good with philips 6000k led side lights as they match the dipped lights too. yes you get some people that blind you but look who is driving 99.99% of time its an old golf or chav driving and they dont 'care' think they are above the law, if i get told to take them out once i wont use them again but until then and if i keep passing mots i will use them legal or not, 31 in a 30 is illegal too sooo i betting everyone does that too

this pic is from when I had them in the ZS

post-44676-0-67207400-1398168975_thumb.j

With regards to the HIDs and The coppers if there was copper half way in the know about certain cars like the fiesta not having xenons then wouldn't you get pulled???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

With regards to the HIDs and The coppers if there was copper half way in the know about certain cars like the fiesta not having xenons then wouldn't you get pulled???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

They stand out a mile off, normal xenon actually have very poor range. It's just the quality of light is much better.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Xenons in reflector housings are a waste and just !Removed! people off as the light beam is scattered all over the place.

If it's a fiesta with projector housings though, which the ST has, then there is no problems. Yes they are illegal but you takes your chances.....

• Like 1

They are not a problem if fitted on cars with projector headlights....... If it's just a normal lense then the light is scattered and thats where they get there bad reputation from.

• Like 2

Sorry, I meant to say projector, not reflector for the ZS/ST

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club