Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quality Control In The Noughties ?

MrAnderson

My brother in law recently bought a 53 plate Mondeo diesel. Something went in the fuel system. Possibly the egr valve,I'm not sure. Anyway. It was towed away to be scrapped. Now my mothers 03 plate fiesta with the durashift semi auto gearbox has died. The garage think it's the ecu or clutch actuator. £400 or £1000 depending on what it is.

My wife has a 54 plate street ka that is knee deep in water most of the time.

Quality control wasn't really a priority was it 😉

You wouldn't scrap a car because of a faulty EGR valve.

But yeah, if it's able to roll itself off of the production line, it's apparently fit for sale.

My brother in law recently bought a 53 plate Mondeo diesel. Something went in the fuel system. Possibly the egr valve,I'm not sure. Anyway. It was towed away to be scrapped.

he scrapped it just for a faulty egr valve????? :blink:

Bare in mind all the cars you have mentioned are about 10 years old, not nearly new. Unless they were never driven, kept out of the sunlight and protected from the elements, then parts will fail over time.

Sounds a bit odd to scrap the car for the EGR, however, the durashift is a bit of a reputable issue for Ford Semi's. There is a guide on the forum under the servicing section I believe that goes through the repair of the actuator and allows you to do this yourself on your mums car.

It might not be the egr. Something in the fuel system that apparently shredded itself and put lots of swarf into the rest of the system. A common fault on ford diesels,so the garage said.

Agreed,they are all getting on a bit now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club