Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rimblades?

Andy007

Hi there,

Got new 17" black alloys but I'm beside myself worrying I'll kurb them so I've decided I need to invest in some sort of protection.

Was looking around and came across rimblades - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_922523_langId_-1_categoryId_246902

Has anyone ever used these (or similar products)? Do they look tacky? Are they easily removable?

Ultimately my goal is to get a similar look to this - http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l503/southerngirl10/20110511_20.jpg (Going to paint the brake calipers red).

Cheers

Bought a similar product from Rimblades named "Scuffs"

Easy enough to install and it looks nice. Havent tested it tho. lol

post-48119-0-52563400-1398225628_thumb.j

You Definately need to get some alloy gators on. I spent around 60 quid on a set for my suzuki swift sport. Best thing I ever did. All though you will get some stick over them. But for the protection they give well worth it. Red ones on black wheels look ace to.

Hopefully picking up my red mk 7 st in a day or 2 and il be putting a black set on those wheels just for a subtle look x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

I like the idea of protecting that alloy rim (my last alloys did not look good, although my current trims I've never scuffed once - go figure) but I'm not sold on the idea of protecting them by sticking high bond tape to them. Anyone used them, and what are they actually like to remove cleanly?

I prefer the idea of Rimbands but a quick Google makes me think it would be easier to source a kilo of purple rocking horse poo than find a local supplier/fitter. But my GoogleFoo is not the best admittedly.

The alloy gators ones aren't stuck on with adhesive. There fitted to the wheel and are a hard plastic. If be amazed how well they protect the wheel. Look on YouTube and search alloy gators. It shows how there fitted and everything

http://www.rimblades.com/shop/rimblades-alloy-wheel-rim-protectors/

My brother has these on his Cadillac wheels. Make sure that you clean the rim and the inside of the moulding before you apply them.

Dont have to break the seals to fit them ulnlike alloy gators.

Like the look of the alloy gators. I don't fancy glueing anything to my wheels unless I can get them of without damaging the wheel/tyre

What to people llike better.... Alloy gator or rimblades?

Like the look of the alloy gators. I don't fancy glueing anything to my wheels unless I can get them of without damaging the wheel/tyre

What to people llike better.... Alloy gator or rimblades?

The Rimblades site seems to imply you just heat the residue and peel it off then clean it, but like you I'm wary of sticking things to the alloy. Don't know about the Gators but there's some gluing involved there too it seems. The Rimblades have a nicer finish at the join than the alloy gators I think - if they're cut right, but the gators look like they stick out a bit more and might give more protection. I still like the look of the Rimbands - like the gators but should be fitted by a tyre fitter - but can't seem to find anyone doing them.

Hi All,

I came very close yesterday to scuffing one of my alloys on my ST2 and my stomach dropped so i was thinking of getting Rim Blades to stop me scuffing them in the future and was after some opinions on what you guys think and if you recommend them was thinking of going for some red ones to match the red brake callipers,

be great to see your opinions :)

These are pretty awfull IMO...You're better off saving for alloy wheel refurbishment. I hear that loads of people lose them when they go on the motorway because the adhesive is rubbish

had a look around online for reviews and customer feedback and i might leave them quite a few people are saying there good but the majority say they just fall off its not really worth seeing as they cost around £40 which is a shame really because its a good idea they just need to figure out a way of getting them to stay on

What about alloy gators?

Whats the difference between the Rim Blades and Alloy Gators ?

I believe alloy gatores use metal clips between the tyre and alloy so no adhesive required.

Although the videos do seem to show some adhesive going on the clips to fix them to the gator

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

The alloy gators don't use any adhesive on the wheel itself there are metal clips that fit on the gator and in between the tyre n wheel, adhesive is used to secure a plastic cover over the 2 edges were they meet once fitted to the wheel. There spot on. I hadn't hem on my swift for about 2 years. Gave excellent protection. When took them off last week not a mark on the wheel but gators were slightly scuffed. Hope this helps

Huh. The video I watched last week showed the guy putting some adhesive on the band to stick the clip onto.

If I was considering anything I might consider the Rimbands that seem to be a cross between Rimblades and AlloyGators (rubber like the bands, but fit between tyre and rim - pro install only) but I think they all look like too much hassle

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

The reason that people are saying that thr Rimblades come off on the motorway is probably because they failed to follow the instructions and clean both the rim and the MOULDING where the 3Ms tape is applied so as to make a secure adhesion.

If you have low profile tyres I defy you to break the seal to get Alloy Gators to sit between the rim and the bead without resorting to going to your tyre shop to get them broken, this cost money and maybe rebalancing.

Or maybe posters havn't used either product.The adhesive comes off the same way you are debadging the rear of your cars..

Iv actually used both products and I had 17 inch low profile tyres and the alloy gators were far superior inequality. You can also fit them yourself on your driveway. There are videos to follow on the alloy gator website. You don't even need to jack your car up or take the wheel off. Rumbles are a rubbery type of cover and if you curb ur wheel with them on the rubber just rips and still damages the wheel. Take it from experience. I have used both products and the alloy gators are a better product x

• Like 1

They seem as pointless as bonnet bras to me, besides the price of them would cover the odd scuff now & again.....

alloygators all the way had rimblades and they are crap in comparision IMHO

I second that