Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freshly Juiced Panther

greenymk7

Gave my car a very quick clean this afternoon as it had lots of dust and water marks all over it.

I no its not completely done as i have completely detailed it.

I put 2 coats of blue velvet on it a month ago and now just wash and red mist it.

Heres sum piccies

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

reflection shot of lots of junk next to our shed :lol:

Photo0058.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

i looked into the dodo juice but i didnt get it, odd names and loads of products. i have ocean blue metalic can you help me know which dodo juice to buy and how to use it

thanks

Right well it depends on how in depth you want to go with cleaning it.

I firstly use 'sour power' shampoo 'the green one' couple of squirts into a bucket of water does perfectly.

I then dry it and clay bar it, I use a 'green Sonus' clay bar and the orange bottle on my roof is 'Born Slippy' clay lube, dilute this 5:1, you only need to clay twice a year if that.

I then wash again but with plain water.

Then use 'Lime Prime Lite' this helps the wax to bond to the paint - its the green bottle on my roof and its perfect for new cars and paint. Put this on with an applicator pad and wipe off straight away with a microfibre cloth.

Then the blue tub is 'Blue Velvet' hard wax, don't get a soft wax as it can get abit messy. Leave the wax for 15 mins to dry and then buff off with another microfibre.

Theres lots of other things but thats as simple as it can be. I now just wash and red mist mine every couple of weeks.

That stuff really does the business then......

Looking at the first picture it looks like the bottles are sitting on a mirror until you see the aerial anyway! ;)

I beg you, please come and do my car! :lol:

Damn my eyes are bleeding!!!! Its soooo clean! I wouldnt want to drive it!

Congrats :)

greenmk7, you seriously are married to your car! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Greeny - this and your other cleaning thread have been really useful, so thanks.

I noticed that Halfords have 3 for 2 on car cleaning gear at the moment, so I've ordered a load of Autoglym from them and also ordered some dodo juice bits from elsewhere. Shame I haven't got a car to use them on yet. At least I decided to ditch the diamondbrite I suppose!

Greeny - this and your other cleaning thread have been really useful, so thanks.

I noticed that Halfords have 3 for 2 on car cleaning gear at the moment, so I've ordered a load of Autoglym from them and also ordered some dodo juice bits from elsewhere. Shame I haven't got a car to use them on yet. At least I decided to ditch the diamondbrite I suppose!

So you made the decision on the Diamondbrite, well done!! There's still a bit of doubt in my mind about it but I think I will also give it a miss...

any idea on what juice to use for a vision blue metallic?

blue velvet or purple haze would be ideal.

Unless you have an extra few £ then i would go for supernatural

I'm really liking the look of these dodo products, think I will use them on my car. Only downside is the range - there is loads!! one of the waxes costs £100!!

I have no car cleaning gear at all, nothing! Its going to cost me a bomb to set up a stash of products!

the highest priced dodo wax should be around £80

the supernatural in its wooden box.

Have a look on

www.i4detailing.co.uk

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

they are both very good

Cheers Greeny, I'll take a look

Quick question... are those powered rotary polishers a good idea? or should i not bother? any opinions

also soft wax or hard wax?

if you are set on getting one then i would say practice on a scrap piece first. they can burn through the paint and you need alot of products and pads.

its an expensive thing to do but you will be able to get rid of swirl marks

Cheers Greeny, I'll take a look

Quick question... are those powered rotary polishers a good idea? or should i not bother? any opinions

also soft wax or hard wax?

They can burn through the paint easy. They use them at the factory and it best to leave it to someone trained.

Photo0056.jpg

That is stunning - I so need to find someone with the time and patience to do mine once it has been delivered. I guess it should be a little easier with the green paint than keeping a black car looking that good.

I haven't a clue about all this washing and waxing business, even looking for the right towels and cloths isgiving me a headache!

I don't think I actually have the Diamondbrite, it's not listed on my invoice so what would be a good kit to start up with? The essentials, basically.

I today received my car cleaning order from Halfords. I have to say that the Autoglym 'professional valet' kit (the one in the red case) is excellent on first inspection and I've always had good service from their products. It's a good starter - I've added various extra bits of Autoglym kit (which fit in the case I add, there's loads of extra space and pockets...) and also some other bits on Greeny's recommendation - dodo juice red mist, clay lube and 2 Sonus green clay bars to be exact.

Ok, so I spent £180, but the way I look at it is diamondbrite would cost £250 and, from what I read, not produce as good a result as a careful cleaning and detailing regime. Lots of that was on cloths and towels which should last for years, and with Halfords currently offering 3 for 2 at present I've got enough gear to open my own branch of Halfords!

(I don't understand their 3 for 2, it's usually cheapest item free, but not with them. I bought the kit plus a few individual bottles, but my wax (at £39.99) came out as one of my free items)

the most vital things for looking after your car??

2 Buckets with grit guards

good quality shampoo - megs gold class, dodo sour power, AG

Lambswool wash mitt or zymol sponge

a good quality trying towel - dodo supernatural

a good quality wax

a good quality detailing spray

lots of microfiber cloths

In simple terms that should be your starter.

After those you should thing about

clay bar

clay bar lube

paint cleanser (not to harsh) - lime prime lite

pressure washer

snow foam lance

citrus snow foam

degreaser

tardis

different waxes

DA polisher

:)

the most vital things for looking after your car??

2 Buckets with grit guards

good quality shampoo - megs gold class, dodo sour power, AG

Lambswool wash mitt or zymol sponge

a good quality trying towel - dodo supernatural

a good quality wax

a good quality detailing spray

lots of microfiber cloths

In simple terms that should be your starter.

After those you should thing about

clay bar

clay bar lube

paint cleanser (not to harsh) - lime prime lite

pressure washer

snow foam lance

citrus snow foam

degreaser

tardis

different waxes

DA polisher

:)

Thanks for that list, time to get shopping!

Did you mean to put dodo supernatural next to the "trying towel"? And for a second I thought you were pulling my leg with tardis, but after a quick bit of googling, it turns out you weren't. What does a detailing spray do?

Sorry for all the Q's. First car and I am a horrific noob.

detailing spray tops up your wax when washing it afterwards.

instead of waxing the car every 2/3 weeks just use the detailing spray and it will protect your wax abit more so you wont need to wax for a few months.

Yeah the dodo juice supernatural drying towel is a great thing.