Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Titanium X Business Edition

adambell

@Vincent, Thanks for the welcome. It's the leather & suede, the standard Tit X Bus Ed spec is full leather but the half is a no-cost option. I personally prefer the half leather. Heated/cooled seats are a £500+ option even on the Bus Ed. It's a company vehicle on a 3 year lease so as James said the depreciation hit isn't a problem.

Hi fellow "Ian's" lol, my tit x has 18" alloys, front and rear parking sensors and "follow me home headlights", Full spec below

• CD Player
  • Cruise Control
  • Air Conditioning
  • Power Steering
  • Electric Windows
  • Front and Rear Parking Sensors - Titanium x
  • Electric Op and Folding Door Mirrors
  • Remote Central Locking
  • Front Centre Arm Rest
  • Multi Function Steering Wheel
  • Adjustable Steering Column
  • ISOFIX - Rear Seats
  • Height Adj Drivers Seat
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Split Fold Rear Seats
  • bluetooth Telephone System
  • 18in Alloy Wheels - Titanium x
  • DAB Radio

I personally prefer the half leather/saude Ive got in my Titanium X looked at full leather did'nt like them?, got to admit I wish Ford did leather like BMW I'd have it everytime!, Heated/ cooled seats I wouldn't be without

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

I have most of that, except the parking sensors and power fold mirrors, and I have 16 inch wheels not 18 and without bluetooth. I am installing parking sensors (total cost around £20, I have a seperate bluetooth hands free, and a bluetooth to AUX adapter, and I have no desire for the 18" wheels lol

I wouldnt mind the DAB radio though, and the leather seats!

I've had the car for a couple of weeks now so thought I would provide you all with an update.

Having covered 1000 in the first 2 weeks I have noticed that the 163bhp Diesel engine is a decent enough lump, certainly not what I would call fast but it has plenty of torque.

The heated/cooled leather seats are really comfortable, personally I would prefer a little more lateral support from bigger side bolsters but that's just me.

All the tech on the car (nav, dab, keyless entry and start, auto lights and auto wipers) work brilliantly. I can not fault them at all.

I do however think the convers+ could benefit from an upgrade, I feel that there are a few features missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Jibowhite, am shocked powerfolding mirrors, bluetooth use to be standard??, have you not directional headlights either ??

Hi Adambell,

Wait till your've done 5-10k in your .motor that 163bhp diesel will be like a rocket once it loosened up

Sorry dropped my phone and accidentally pressed send in the process.

I think the converse+ should give a visual parking aid rather than just the beeps.

I think there should be 2 trip computers, the one that is fitted and one that resets itself for each journey, my Audi had this feature and it was actually really useful.

The navigation interface could be improved, so you can enter a destination (eg postcode) through the steering wheel buttons rather than just the options available.

Hi Adambell,

Wait till your've done 5-10k in your .motor that 163bhp diesel will be like a rocket once it loosened up

Yeah mate I can feel it getting better virtually by the day, I think it will be better than the 170bhp unit that was fitted to my audi

keyless entry and start

Adam,

Was keyless entry standard ? I thought it only had keyless Start as standard.

The navigation interface could be improved, so you can enter a

destination (eg postcode) through the steering wheel buttons rather than

just the options available.

Voice entry doesn't work very well then ? :)

Hopefully mine's being delivered tomorrow :)

Keyless entry came with mine yeah, not sure if that is because I also got the rear seat dvd screens, I vaguely remember seeing something written that the screens automatically give you keyless entry too.

I've not really used the voice control to be honest.

It doesn't work well with my phone but I'm not sure if it's the sheer number of contacts I have, (around 400 contacts each with several numbers) as it always says the phone book is not available.

Good luck with your mate, let us all know how you get on.

Hi Ian,.

Keyless entry/push button start, folding mirrors, directional headlights , rear Parking sensors, Sony 6 CD/MP3/indash unit, 18"alloys, half leather/saude heated cooled seats, active cruise control, ambient lighting, interior auto dimming mirror etc.. are on my Titanium X.

Adam,

Thanks for the info.

I had problems with phone book and my previous car (Seat Exeo) , traced it to a picture associated with one of the contacts. Deleted that and it worked fine. Phone worked fine with the Focus I've had on loan for the last couple of weeks although that had the Ford SYNC system.

Just checked and keyless entry is included with the Rear seat DVD system

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ford OC mobile app

Because all my contacts sync with my work outlook account, some do have photos attached, I might try deleting them to see how it gets on.

Hi Vincent, nope - lacking all three :(

That's poor on Ford's part!, I won't be a brand new car ( my Wife does ) so I don't see what you get as my car's are always 2-3 year's old and I just ask "The Carpeople" in Manchester to get the top of the range Mondeo with the best kit ( except satnav ) and 2/3 colour choices etc.. and they call BMW/Merc/Audi for pumping up the price?

Well, I'm impressed so far with mine!, at least I was until the SatNav threw a wobbly this morning on the way to the office. Suddenly got a message saying "Please insert original data carrier!" which appeared on every function screen and disabled the touchscreen. I suspected it was an SD card problem and looked at trying to remove the access panel to check it. Couldn't do it easily and so eventually managed to get the local dealer to have a quick look today, rather than wait to book it in, with some pressure from their fleet leasing dept!. I was right, whoever prepped the car hadn't clicked the sd card in properly, 10 mins and it was sorted, much better than their original 'you'll need to leave it with us for the morning sir' .

Anyway I'm pleased so far, it's very smooth, quiet and plenty of power. Pretty economical too at the moment, although I'm still probably taking it a bit steady. It's a big car to park though compared with the old Exeo.

Bit of a niggle that there is no gas strut opener on the bonnet, seems they removed it from the Mk4!. One of my colleagues in the office was VERY surprised when he tried to open the bonnet while they were all looking round it on Friday, his wrist hadn't been expecting all that (unassisted!) weight.

They are good cars, but they do still lack in some ways - a small difference I think that would give a brilliant result is a gas strut bonnet opening. I am also disappointed at how low the bonnet sits when propped up. I would much prefer it to be 2 - 3 inches higher.

I've done almost 1500 miles in mine now and I'm getting more and more comfortable and settled with it.

I still stand by my previous comments relating to the convers+ being a bit of a disappointment but in the whole I am really impressed.

It is a big car, certainly coming from an A3 it feels massive and parking is taking some getting used to.

The gas struts were probably omitted on a cost basis, I think it was a bad move to leave them out.

I also noticed today that the parcel shelf is very thin and flimsy.

On the whole I am very impressed and happy with my choice of company car.

Your Car does look fantastic in panther black , same colour as my Wife's comes up loverly, has mine 2 years and it's great ! When you read reviews "Honest John" Whatcar" they say there too big ? I disagree !!, Didn't you have an Audi before ? How does this compare to a marquee??

Thank you, I'm really happy with the choice of Panther black.

I think it just makes the car look classy and upmarket.

Previously I had an Audi A3 black edition, it was a fantastic car and had the looks of the S3 but with the obvious Diesel engine.

The build quality of the 2 marques is actually very similar, I actually find the mondeo to be a lot quieter on the road and civilised.

• 2 weeks later...

My estate version has just hit the 10k mark, I got my delivered on the 20th Dec 2013 so not bad miles so far and I can say the engine has got better with age! Has loosened up quite a bit.

Is ur car in "Ink Blue" ??

Is ur car in "Ink Blue" ??

No its Deep Impact Blue :)

Lovely colour mate

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club