Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cancelled order

centamin

Have decided to cancel my order for a new fiesta 1.6 tdci diesel titamium with loss of deposit for a number of reasons,

1, have being looking in on this site for a while and have seen a lot of negative comments about fiesta....

mpg figures are wildly optimistic 55/65 miles a gallon as stated on fiesta cataloge lot of comments on this site say 40/50 at the very best driving like an eco warrior.....

2, blue tooth voice control play ups

3, welting screen wipers!!!!!!!!

3, starting to get a bit common sure 6 this morning on an (a road) 4 mile journey.

etc, etc i could go on

but the best one is order placed on saturday 14 march/ phone call yestarday from dealer saying build date (approx) 18 june very popular car--- (mate)!!!!

delivery approx 3 july!!! 16 !Removed! weeks/ 112 days nearly a third of a year to build a ford fiesta.... unbelievable a block of 16 flats near me went up in 15 weeks..

sorry for the rant, but going to vauxhall tomorrow

those of you who have yours enjoy..

Have decided to cancel my order for a new fiesta 1.6 tdci diesel titamium with loss of deposit for a number of reasons,

1, have being looking in on this site for a while and have seen a lot of negative comments about fiesta....

mpg figures are wildly optimistic 55/65 miles a gallon as stated on fiesta cataloge lot of comments on this site say 40/50 at the very best driving like an eco warrior.....

3, starting to get a bit common sure 6 this morning on an (a road) 4 mile journey.

etc, etc i could go on

but the best one is order placed on saturday 14 march/ phone call yestarday from dealer saying build date (approx) 18 june very popular car--- (mate)!!!!

delivery approx 3 july!!! 16 !Removed! weeks/ 112 days nearly a third of a year to build a ford fiesta.... unbelievable a block of 16 flats near me went up in 15 weeks..

Enjoy your Corsa or Astra. They look great. By the way, I am still enjoying my Fiesta. Yes there are a few around, just like there are a lot of Black Corsa's around.

etc, etc i could go on

That's a pity Centamin as they are very good indeed hence the long waiting list.

There will always be a number of teething faults with all new cars whether they be Ford; Vauxhall; Mercedes; Mini; BMW etc.

I've had teething problems with both Vauxhall and Mini but so far I've had NO problems at all with my Fiesta.

Obviously, it's your choice but don't think that Vauxhall or any other manufacturer will be any different--check out other car forums and you'll see what I mean.

Don't get me wrong though--Vauxhall are a very good manufacturer and I've had several in the past and been well pleased with them too.

Whatever you choose in the end.......enjoy! ;)

I thought for a minute you said you cancelled your MK7 Fiesta order in favour of a Vauxhall, oh wait, you did :o

etc, etc i could go on

I get 45mpg on my 1.4 petrol driving normally.

Never had one problem with my bluetooth or voice control.

Never had a problem with my wipers

Common? It's the best selling car in the UK for months running, any car in this bracket, Ibiza, Golf, Focus, Corsa, Astra, Jazz, Fietsa etc will be common.

I waited 6 weeks for delivery but understand there are long waits now.

Life is about personal choices but if you really are leaving the MK7 behind for a Vauxhall becased on what you said and what you've read here I am amazed.

I myself value everyone's opinion and listen and research and do the maths and everything before I commit and that is how I choose my gadgets. A car is a massive impulse buy and I didnt research anything about it at all. Its a new car, from a reputable dealer. You can't really go wrong and if it does, its under warranty. Wherever you go, whatever you get, there are no guarantees that it will be perfect. But you have to allow and give a bit of leeway for errors.

The reason for the long waiting list is because the car is so good it outsells every other car by far. Over 10,000 per month. It will be very common soon, but that is the price of success. There are more MBW 3 series than Ford Mondeos now.

Regarding fuel consumption read WhatDiesel car mag. They are getting 54mpg in their 1.6 diesel long term test and that includes tough driving. Its the best small car around for now.

in all honesty apart from the indicator issues which is only stupid, i have had nothing but joy from mine so far.

I don't drive like my house is made out of wood with sum grass on the roof and i get 49.5 MPG this is from a 1.6 tdci btw.

To drive they are amazing, the dash once you get used to it is awesome. I personally don't think there is a better small hatch better than the fiesta!!

Now go and re-order :lol:

etc, etc i could go on

More fool you.

All cars mpg are optimistic so this could be a regular thing for you, it's gonna cost you a fortune. You also won't see the best mpg's till the car is fully run in and everythings freed up, so now isnot the time to get true readings of mpg as there aren't many on here who have done loads of miles yet.

EVERY make of car has problems, the Fiesta isn't unique, but some of the reasons you give are laughable. Windscreen wipers? Jesus wept!! :rolleyes: Guess what, find me a forum where people sign up and start a thread, "I'm so made up up, my wipers work a treat". It doesn't happen, people only start threads to find fixes for faults, to complain, that's the way of the world. For everyone who has had a problem, there are thousands who haven't, you do realise this don't you?

Commom? Course it's !Removed! common, it's a Fiesta but it also happens to be the BEST hatch in it's class. You're a fool if you buy an inferior product just because you can't wait.

More fool you.

All cars mpg are optimistic so this could be a regular thing for you, it's gonna cost you a fortune. You also won't see the best mpg's till the car is fully run in and everythings freed up, so now isnot the time to get true readings of mpg as there aren't many on here who have done loads of miles yet.

EVERY make of car has problems, the Fiesta isn't unique, but some of the reasons you give are laughable. Windscreen wipers? Jesus wept!! :rolleyes: Guess what, find me a forum where people sign up and start a thread, "I'm so made up up, my wipers work a treat". It doesn't happen, people only start threads to find fixes for faults, to complain, that's the way of the world. For everyone who has had a problem, there are thousands who haven't, you do realise this don't you?

Commom? Course it's !Removed! common, it's a Fiesta but it also happens to be the BEST hatch in it's class. You're a fool if you buy an inferior product just because you can't wait.

On the bright side, at least somebody else on the waiting list who wanted a Fiesta with this exact spec will get it sooner than they expected...

Going back to the original poster's last comment, because we had an Astra before, we went along to Vauxhall first, expecting to buy a Corsa (which we'd always liked the look of) but we weren't that impressed with it, to our surprise. Luckily we then tried the Fiesta, and really liked it. The local Vauxhall garage was quoting the same delay to get a Corsa as Ford quoted for the Fiesta (8 weeks at that time, early March) and the Fiesta took exactly the time quoted. Of course, they may have different delays at Vauxhall now to the current wait for Fiestas, for all I know.

Funnily enough, in my area, Fiestas are still a pretty rare sight.

even though I have had some problems if I knew then what I know now I still would do it all over again.

Hi all,

Many thanks for all your replys, think i might have being a bit hasty in my assumptions.

love the fiesta! Corsa or astra just don't cut it for me! will be back to ford dealers tomorrow and do a bit of groveling and get my order back on track.

Once again thanks for all your replys,

HAVE FUN IN YA FEZZY.

regards, CENTAMIN.

Hi all,

Many thanks for all your replys, think i might have being a bit hasty in my assumptions.

love the fiesta! Corsa or astra just don't cut it for me! will be back to ford dealers tomorrow and do a bit of groveling and get my order back on track.

HAVE FUN IN YA FEZZY.

regards, CENTAMIN.

Yeah! Hope they give it back to you with no probs.

Hi all,

HAVE FUN IN YA FEZZY.

regards, CENTAMIN.

roflmao!

You need to get a grip centamin! One day you tell them to stick the car losing god only knows how much deposit money, the next day you want them to redo your order using your lost deposit! bipolar perhaps?!!?

Your dealer will be well within their rights to put your order back to day one, probably with a 16 week wait, and demand another deposit. Maybe you should think things through a bit before making such reckless decisions...

:rolleyes:

roflmao!

You need to get a grip centamin! One day you tell them to stick the car losing god only knows how much deposit money, the next day you want them to redo your order using your lost deposit! bipolar perhaps?!!?

Your dealer will be well within their rights to put your order back to day one, probably with a 16 week wait, and demand another deposit. Maybe you should think things through a bit before making such reckless decisions...

:rolleyes:

Thanks jonny87, if i need any more denigrating, and sardonic comments (bipolar perhaps?!!?),

i will ask the wife..

Thanks jonny87, if i need any more denigrating, and sardonic comments (bipolar perhaps?!!?),

i will ask the wife..

To be honest I didn't mean to offend you. I wasn't denigrating you, merely your utterly ridiculous pair of contradictory postings! As for being sardonic, well, maybe if you actually read what you were posting ("welting" indeed), then you may just perceive that replying sardonically is in fact an apposite reaction. So feel free to "ask the wife" prior to replying...

For the record if I had bothered to assemble a more fitting respose, it would have been along the lines of what KeithC has written, except probably longer. As the brash decision had already been made I couldn't really see the point.

Blimey I would have loved to have seen the look on your salesman's face when you negated your contract due to the remote possibility that at some point you may experience the unlikely event of a melted wiper blade, boo hoo, the world is ending...

Anyway, enjoy groveling over your bank holiday weekend, and more importantly, enjoy your new Fiesta when you finally get it!

Melted Wiper Blades indeed, you're more likely to get knocked down by a bus on your way back to the dealership tomorrow :P

Insults are not good, especially throwing biopolar into it. Very wrong.

I think you should think again whether you do want the car. If you seek advice from here you are allowed to accept or ignore as you please. Its a big purchase. You find reviews for it, you speak to people who have it, speak to the wife, and make sure that you seriously want the car and accept that there may be faults.

Yes there are problems with all cars. Buy it 2nd hand if necessary when most of the teething problems have been ironed out. I always say, if in doubt, dont do it.

Good luck to you whatever you decide but don't make grand statements get us very average, normal people to give you advice about it, change your mind and then throw insults.

Agreed...some people do actually live with Bipolar and wouldn't appreciate throwaway comments like that.

Insults are not good, especially throwing biopolar into it. Very wrong.

I think you should think again whether you do want the car. If you seek advice from here you are allowed to accept or ignore as you please. Its a big purchase. You find reviews for it, you speak to people who have it, speak to the wife, and make sure that you seriously want the car and accept that there may be faults.

Yes there are problems with all cars. Buy it 2nd hand if necessary when most of the teething problems have been ironed out. I always say, if in doubt, dont do it.

Good luck to you whatever you decide but don't make grand statements get us very average, normal people to give you advice about it, change your mind and then throw insults.

One of the problems with forums is that, with the echoing of threads, it's not always immediately clear who said what. Looking through this one, I think it's actually the case that the original poster of this thread (centamin) was not the person who threw that particular insult - it was directed at him by an established member, and centamin appears only to have echoed it as an illustration of the type of insult he'd prefer only to receive from family members. I don't know either of the parties involved, by the way, but thought it worth mentioning, as we appear to be telling centamin off for an insult that he was actually on the receiving end of.

I wonder if he was able to resuscitate his Fiesta order? Perhaps we will never know... :unsure:

One of the problems with forums is that, with the echoing of threads, it's not always immediately clear who said what. Looking through this one, I think it's actually the case that the original poster of this thread (centamin) was not the person who threw that particular insult - it was directed at him by an established member, and centamin appears only to have echoed it as an illustration of the type of insult he'd prefer only to receive from family members. I don't know either of the parties involved, by the way, but thought it worth mentioning, as we appear to be telling centamin off for an insult that he was actually on the receiving end of.

I wonder if he was able to resuscitate his Fiesta order? Perhaps we will never know... :unsure:

Thank you aitchess,

Fiesta 1.6 diesel titanium vision blue original order with, x-pack, tech-pack, full dress up kit, interior 1, reverse sensor, privacy glass, leather, ford button start, keyless, full airbags, usb aux voice bluetooth.

For the grand total of £15,250 very reasonable..

Dealer was delighted i had come back to replace order, might even get the car a bit earlier buts thats a big if, selling like hot cross buns with jam on a cold winters night.... (dealers quote) and to top it all dealer throw in service for 2 years free worth £288 lovely pounds.

All in all a very productive day

many thanks to all centamin.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club