Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supaguard - how should it be washed & waxed?

AJS63

If you have Supaguard applied from new how should you wash and wax it after? Does it need any particular type of wash and does it need waxing and / or clay bar treatment for some time...?? Hope this question makes sense.....

If you have Supaguard applied from new how should you wash and wax it after? Does it need any particular type of wash and does it need waxing and / or clay bar treatment for some time...?? Hope this question makes sense.....

I'm no expert but my last car was Supaguarded and the dealer told me just to wash in the normal way but NOT to polish it.

Greeny is probably your best bet to ask as he's a fanatic for cleaning his car as is SY99 too.

I'm going to wash my car this weekend. Her first bath! I need to resurrect that cleaning thread.

im sure with supagard they gave u cleaning products? no?

Just use normal car shampoo and don't wax or polish it. I found it more of a pain than help, as on the car I had it on it seemed to cause all the bits in the air from the train station car park and leave the paint really ruff. The valeter that I had come around to sort the paint out reckond that the coating will only last 6 months tops and it was better to just wax it yourself.

Hi

I have superguard applied to my car and a supplied washing kit .

i have had the car 6months , i wash the car about twice a month with no need to wax ,the car looks great.

with superguard you should have got a washing kit with the car.

Personally i hate the stuff, i would use a very light paint cleanser to take it all off and wax the car yourself. You can get wax for around £30 which is very very good and will last 3/4 months at a time. It will also make the paint look alot better and feel alot better.

I used dodo juice lime prime lite as a paint cleanser, you shouldnt need to use a clay bar as it is a new car but i would always advice a very quick go round with one.

so do it like this if you want to get rid of it.

Wash

dry

clay bar

wash

dry

paint cleanse

wax

wax again after 24 hours

done

Personally i hate the stuff, i would use a very light paint cleanser to take it all off and wax the car yourself. You can get wax for around £30 which is very very good and will last 3/4 months at a time. It will also make the paint look alot better and feel alot better.

I used dodo juice lime prime lite as a paint cleanser, you shouldnt need to use a clay bar as it is a new car but i would always advice a very quick go round with one.

so do it like this if you want to get rid of it.

Wash

dry

clay bar

wash

dry

paint cleanse

wax

wax again after 24 hours

done

Hi Greeny

Phew that sound,s like hard work, my wife said can you come round and clean hers(i hope she means the car) :rolleyes:

Hi

I have superguard applied to my car and a supplied washing kit .

i have had the car 6months , i wash the car about twice a month with no need to wax ,the car looks great.

Ford did my superguard for free part of the deal but i got nothing supplied except a guarantee card what should i have got extra ??

Ford did my superguard for free part of the deal but i got nothing supplied except a guarantee card what should i have got extra ??

Hi Charlie

i did pay a little extra for the superguard but this did include superguard wash and polish,alloy and interior cleaner plus cloths :)

Originally I planned to get supagaurd / diamondbrite put on my car by professional valeters soon after picking it up. But now I really dont know if this is the best thing to do. I really dont know anything about valeting so i have no way of making an informed decision on whether its worth getting it done, or if i would be better off going down the wax route

This is really getting to me now lol!

Both cost about the same in the long-run, both would need looking after almost as much.

I am beginning to change my mind and go for wax. but im nowhere near 100% All this stuff you hear about sealants lasting 20 odd years and barely needing any care is what is selling them to me. But that could just be a load of bollo.

Clearly waxes look better than sealants. But then it gets to winter and the wax has all worn off and its freezing cold outside, will I really be out there re-applying the wax. proabably not! Then the paintwork will get wrecked with grit! Sealants on the other hand, easily get through winter after winter with minimal fuss

Help me guys I'm stuck!

Does anyone have the ultimate answer on which way to go?

thanks for your comments guys n gals....

In the Supagard bag I got lotsa cleaning products - will have a proper look later - plus a first aid kit, hi-viz vest etc and £200 off next car or trade in - not bad I suppose

Originally I planned to get supagaurd / diamondbrite put on my car by professional valeters soon after picking it up. But now I really dont know if this is the best thing to do. I really dont know anything about valeting so i have no way of making an informed decision on whether its worth getting it done, or if i would be better off going down the wax route

This is really getting to me now lol!

Both cost about the same in the long-run, both would need looking after almost as much.

I am beginning to change my mind and go for wax. but im nowhere near 100% All this stuff you hear about sealants lasting 20 odd years and barely needing any care is what is selling them to me. But that could just be a load of bollo.

Clearly waxes look better than sealants. But then it gets to winter and the wax has all worn off and its freezing cold outside, will I really be out there re-applying the wax. proabably not! Then the paintwork will get wrecked with grit! Sealants on the other hand, easily get through winter after winter with minimal fuss

Help me guys I'm stuck!

Does anyone have the ultimate answer on which way to go?

There are plenty of waxes out there for winter use, they are more chemical based rather than wax based.

I would always use the method that i do including in winter. I clay bar mine just after winter and just before, as long as you apply a few coats of wax there is really no problem with it.

Also get sum quick detailer so you can spray this on inbetween waxes which will keep it topped up nicely over the winter months

i feel quite short changed now after reeding this ! i got the supaguard when i got mine but didnt get any products with it :angry: stupidly i polished the car but made a right hash of it prob wish never got it done i certain light the finish it has left looks like you polished it in patches, thought i had done a !Removed! job of polishing it but it turns out its the supaguard

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club