1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

ippy

My Boot Wont Open?

6 posts in this topic

I cant open my boot/tailgate with the little rubbery button under where the num plate lights are but it will open with remote button and the dash button, when you push the rubbery one you can here/feel it clicking but I don't no if that's just the switch, any ideas peeps, :blink:

If it's anything like the Focus switch they have a tendency to accumulate corrosion and stop working.

I reckon a visual inspection of the inside of the switch is a good place to start.

If it's anything like the Focus switch they have a tendency to accumulate corrosion and stop working.

I reckon a visual inspection of the inside of the switch is a good place to start.

mines been broken from the start of ownership,i diddnt even realise i just used the key from day one aha

Its an easy enough fix, two options are to purchase replacement switch and fit, alternative is what I did, follow the guide on this forum for the replacement switch procedure. I believe that although it might differ slightly, the general functionality and setup is universal to Ford.

Have a look on the Ford Guides section, and its in either CMAX or general, I cant remember...

Thanks for the info guys, just had mot on focus done :( she failed on a ball joint :)but all being done on Friday £85 all in, then I can have a good look at my mondy, it still opens with remote and dash switch, I think I can go another week, I'm one of these people who likes every thing to work I don't like it if a button or switch or light don't work, but that's just me :unsure:

Ippy it's well worth doing the diy fix, after buying the tools at the time, the Fix cost me about a fiver and couple of hours.

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app