Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Noise Driving Me Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevb123

i get a noise that sounds like plastic banging from the boot door when i go over a speed bump? well as coming off speed bump.

took the spare and tools out, parcel shelf out, plastic wiper cover off, taped all the loose cables, stuck wedges in every bit of plastic trim in the boot and still there???????????

helpppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!

Could it be the boot door itself? Might need adjusting at the catch or the rubber door stoppers to get rid of any play.

I had this with my focus once,

Turned out to be the reg plate bulb housing was loose and rattled,

The same units are in the fiesta, could be the same issue,

The little metal blades on the bulb housing bends easily coming loose

May be the answer may not,

thx lenny will check that tomorrow :-)

@btmaldon the boot seems tight,no play and the sound isn't a metal sound,sounds like a vibration of some sort but thx anyway

Sure a rear shock isn't knackered?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

replaced both rear shocks, it sounds like it's coming from inside the boot hood

Locking mech or the anchor point loose? rear wiper mech loose ( although never come across personally ) light fitting rattling?

Problem with rattles they are a !Removed! to get rid of, on the FN2 series Civic everyone who bought an 06-08 plate were all pis*ed off with a rattle " somewhere" over head, after a few years and I mean years it was discovered Honda were a bit pikey and used domestic style window spaces for the windscreen and they came off over time and just flapped out, it involved taking all the pillar mounts off, front and rear, headlining and then the glass roof blinds just to be able to get to them, whatever happened to sickaflex'ing everything in place ffs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club