Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Candy Blue Zetec S

LightningMat

So, I picked up my new Zetec S in Candy Blue on Friday.

It's been horrible weather since I picked it up, so not got any decent pics yet, but did manage to get a few snaps, so thought I would share them with you all...

med_gallery_52177_1437_147626.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_232492.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_83030.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_132413.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_3302.jpg

Have done 70 miles since picking it up, and car is now all dirty, so needs a wash already!!

Will get some more pics up when it is clean and dry!

Very nice. You preferred this blue to the deep impact blue then?

Deep impact blue would of been my first choice, well, out of the blue selection anyway. Each to their own though, hope it serves you well :-)

Glad you finally got it Mat, love that colour, it was my 2nd choice candy blue, neighbour has it and it looks smart with a good wax.

There's a candy blue titanium on the road to work near me. Looks amazing when it's clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeah, was a real toss-up between Candy Blue and Deep Impact Blue, but opted for the Candy Blue in the end as it was brighter and I thought just a bit 'different' to most other cars. I think it goes well on the ZS, without all the chrome trim (I am not so keen on it on the Titanium with the chrome).

To be honest, the pictures aren't a true-life representation of the colour, as it has a sort of aqua sheen to it in the daylight, which doesn't seem to come through in the pictures. Looks absolutely stunning in the flesh, and everyone who has seen it so far says it is fantastic.

after looking at loads of both on here, I'm surprised to say that Zetec S definitely looks better externally than the ST IMO. front flows better, and those ugly ST wheels with no option for better ones...what WERE ford thinking of!

• Like 1

Very nice :) glad you like it, I still love the colour 8 months later

Looking good! That colour looks great in the sun.in regards to the st wheels I have wondered what the zs 17's would look like on my St , especially if they were coloured radio grey.

Looking good! That colour looks great in the sun.in regards to the st wheels I have wondered what the zs 17's would look like on my St , especially if they were coloured radio grey.

What measurements are they? Don't think they are thick enough. Was thinking if Focus ST rims for FiST, nice chunky 6 spokes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

OT nice color, girl at work has a TX fully speccd with every extra that can be had.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I must admit, I don't love the style of the wheels on the ST. I don't dislike them, but it's a shame they haven't got the hole at the end of each spoke like the larger ones on the Focus ST!

Looks well tidy mate, I'm glad you are enjoying it

My younger brother has this colour (5 drs) & is getting the dress up kit like i am.
It's a beautiful colour when it's clean and the sun is out ;)

I did spec mine up a bit from standard, with the following options:

Tinted rear windows - I personally wouldn't buy a car without tinted rear glass.

17" alloys - Look much better, in my opinion, than the standard wheels.

Climate control - All my recent cars have had climate control, so was a "must have" for me. Will see how it copes once the weather get a bit warmer!

Satnav - Got a good discount, so thought it worthwhile. Have played a bit with it, and it is actually better than I thought it would be. I would recommend the upgrade to anyone thinking about it.

City Pack (rear parking sensors and auto folding door mirrors) - Parking sensors are great, there is even a little picture that pops up in the screen to show which sensors are picking up an object , and colour changes from green to amber to red as you get closer, very handy. Auto fold mirrors is a great feature and the puddle lights are nice and bright.

mats - A necessity in any car!

So, had the car a week now, so have started to do a few little personalisations...

I have started with some blue LED's - Bought a selection off eBay (very cheap, so thought I would get a selection to see which worked best) and have fitted them in the following places:

Drivers footwell

Passenger footwell

Roof lights (front & rear, including map lights)

Boot

(Some of the types I bought)

med_gallery_52177_1437_964571.jpg

I also tried to fit one in the glove box, but all the ones I bought were too big, so I have ordered a standard blue LED T10 bulb, so just waiting for that to arrive. Also, probably worth noting, I had to remove the light assembly itself and take it apart to actually get the bulb out, as it is in there very tight! Was easy to do, just need to be careful, as it is spring-loaded and the bits can fly out (as they did for me!!)

(Watch out for the Spring!!)

med_gallery_52177_1437_422128.jpg

Haven't managed to get any decent pics yet, as it's been raining and my mats need a good hoover before I take any pictures!!... I will get some up soon.

Also bought some Philips Silver Vision PY21W bulbs to "de-tango" the indicators front and rear - Not fitted yet though, due to the rain! Will be doing as soon as it is dry!

(The lighting in the picture makes them look a lot more orange than they do in the flesh)

med_gallery_52177_1437_1041399.jpg

I also ordered some DMB Gel Overlays - wasn't sure what colour I would like best, so ordered two of the small steering wheel ones - Blue on Black and Blue on Carbon Effect...

med_gallery_52177_1437_156546.jpg

(Same Gels, just from a slightly different angle and without flash...)

med_gallery_52177_1437_647643.jpg

I prefer the Blue on Black, so will be ordering up a full set soon - I have heard that DMB will do custom ones, so I am thinking of having "Ford" on the front, "Fiesta" on the rear, and "S" for the wheels).

I also bought a couple of "S" badges - one for the rear and one for the front grill - I bought ones with blue colour in the middle, as opposed to the usual red:

sml_gallery_52177_1437_447396.jpg

Again, I will be fitting these when it stops raining! (I will also be removing the "Fiesta" badge from the rear, as it isn't to my liking).

That's it for now, will get some pics up of them all fitted once the weather gets better!

Where did you get the 'S' badge from? And how much did you pay?

Mat what bulbs were best for the interior lights, I'm guessing the one in the middle?

I've used the ones on the right in your PIC and feel it could be a little brighter

Where did you get the 'S' badge from? And how much did you pay?

Got the "S" badges from here: http://www.yourbadges.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=42&osCsid=akl6rd6b9u698goej13kughr73

£4.99 each, plus a couple of quid postage.

Mat what bulbs were best for the interior lights, I'm guessing the one in the middle?

I've used the ones on the right in your PIC and feel it could be a little brighter

I used the ones in the middle of my pic above for the footwells - give a nice spread of light. For the roof lights, I actually used some different ones (7 led type) - I had already fitted them in the car, so didn't have any to include in my photo above... I will get a pic of one for you when I get a chance.

Cheers mat I'll get some of those for footwells and use the red ones I have in there now in the overhead lights.

I used white ones of the ones on the right in your pic for the numberplate too but again not happy with the brightness

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

These are the ones I used in the roof lights...

post-52177-139924569712_thumb.jpg

I also tried to get a night-time pic of the blue interior lights... Not a great pic, but gives you an idea...

post-52177-139924627103_thumb.jpg

• Like 1