• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 BHall1989

BHall1989

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: New Ford KA Zetec 1.2 Dive Blue
Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

I cancelled my order for the new KA after the delivery dates were ridiculous! I've got a Vision Blue 1.25 (82Ps) Fiesta Zetec with:
16" Alloys
City Pack
Privacy Glass
2nd remote key
Bluetooth/USB

being delivered ready for me to drive next Friday. I test drove the 1.25 (82ps) and was so surprised by the power output of the unit, considering the Fiesta's size. The only thing I didn't like about the Fiesta was the key was not a folding key. Does the new Fiesta not have one of those flip keys? It's nice not having my car key scraping around in my pocket.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 CARTER141

CARTER141

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Ford Model: None yet.

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

I cancelled my order for the new KA after the delivery dates were ridiculous! I've got a Vision Blue 1.25 (82Ps) Fiesta Zetec with:
16" Alloys
City Pack
Privacy Glass
2nd remote key
Bluetooth/USB

being delivered ready for me to drive next Friday. I test drove the 1.25 (82ps) and was so surprised by the power output of the unit, considering the Fiesta's size. The only thing I didn't like about the Fiesta was the key was not a folding key. Does the new Fiesta not have one of those flip keys? It's nice not having my car key scraping around in my pocket.

Get Keyless haha, then theres no problem :P

#3 BHall1989

BHall1989

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

Get Keyless haha, then theres no problem :P

I would but that would be a factory order and I'm never ordering a factory order car again. I ordered my original car, the new KA (with a few options) on Jan 17th and they hadn't even started making it so I got a good deal on this car.

I just think it's strange as 99% of new car hese days have flip keys, inc. the new ka!

#4 mogwai

mogwai

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.6

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

What trim level is yours? I have a titanium and it comes with a flip key. I think it is an optional extra on lower trim levels.

#5 Dougal

Dougal

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Name: Craig
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Zetec 1.6TDCI (115)
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

When I picked my car up and they gave the keys, I told them "I am picking up a new Fiesta not a Cortina!"
:rolleyes:

#6 amyjaj

amyjaj

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

I thought it was just the Titanium that didn't come standard with keyless entry.

#7 BHall1989

BHall1989

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

I think I've confused people sorry. I mean the kind of car key where the key folds in and you press the button to release it. I've gone for the Zetec trim but the car I ordered comes with an optional 2nd remote key.

#8 AlexB

AlexB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

My Zetec S came with two folding remote locking keys.

#9 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

No, I have a vision blue 1.25 zetec and mine did not come with the flippy key, unfortunately.
Luckily I'm a girl so can put the key in my bag but it's a massive key at that :)

#10 Aitchess

Aitchess

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 5dr, Frozen White
Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

I would but that would be a factory order and I'm never ordering a factory order car again. I ordered my original car, the new KA (with a few options) on Jan 17th and they hadn't even started making it so I got a good deal on this car.

I just think it's strange as 99% of new car hese days have flip keys, inc. the new ka!

Only the Titanium and Zetec S come with a pair of folding remote keys. The Zetec, Style+, Style and presumably the Econetic (whose trim is like the Style+) come with a large non-folding remote key and a non-folding plain old key (no "remoteness" on that one!). A second remote key for these costs 30 extra at ordering time, or a staggering 150 later on (remember never to lose yours, folks!!). Presumably the Studio (bog-standard 3 dr only model with no remote aspect to the central locking at all) comes with a pair of the plain vanilla keys...

Those non-folding keys are alarmingly huge, like poohbear says (ours is a Zetec too, so I know that the hard way!). I suppose it makes them easy to find in the depths of a bag, though...!

#11 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:17 PM

I've got 2 remote non folding keys which came automatically with the Titanium. I never even thought what keys I was getting whether they would be big or small. Just hoped for a remote one so i could press the button and it would lock.

The only thing I think it could benefit with is if the windows closed when you set the alarm and locked the doors.

#12 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

I honestly can't understand this. People will complain about anything. I have had cars for over 20 years and never had a key with a "flip" facility that hides the blade. Guess what, I've never lay awake at night thinking the world's coming to an end because of this.

#13 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:48 AM

I was very tired last night! I meant I have two folding keys which is standard on titanium.

#14 BHall1989

BHall1989

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

I'm not that bothered I'm just surprised. I assumed it was standard across all new cars. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, that would be rather sad....

#15 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

You could just put the windows up yourself before the leaving the car :o
Although, it is a pain when u take the key out the ignition etc etc to find out you have left youre window down and ned to put the electrics back on :lol:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users