Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Fiesta Key

BHall1989

I cancelled my order for the new KA after the delivery dates were ridiculous! I've got a Vision Blue 1.25 (82Ps) Fiesta Zetec with:

16" alloys

City Pack

Privacy Glass

2nd remote key

Bluetooth/USB

being delivered ready for me to drive next Friday. I test drove the 1.25 (82ps) and was so surprised by the power output of the unit, considering the Fiesta's size. The only thing I didn't like about the Fiesta was the key was not a folding key. Does the new Fiesta not have one of those flip keys? It's nice not having my car key scraping around in my pocket.

I cancelled my order for the new KA after the delivery dates were ridiculous! I've got a Vision Blue 1.25 (82Ps) Fiesta Zetec with:

16" Alloys

City Pack

Privacy Glass

2nd remote key

Bluetooth/USB

being delivered ready for me to drive next Friday. I test drove the 1.25 (82ps) and was so surprised by the power output of the unit, considering the Fiesta's size. The only thing I didn't like about the Fiesta was the key was not a folding key. Does the new Fiesta not have one of those flip keys? It's nice not having my car key scraping around in my pocket.

Get Keyless haha, then theres no problem :P

Get Keyless haha, then theres no problem :P

I would but that would be a factory order and I'm never ordering a factory order car again. I ordered my original car, the new KA (with a few options) on Jan 17th and they hadn't even started making it so I got a good deal on this car.

I just think it's strange as 99% of new car hese days have flip keys, inc. the new ka!

What trim level is yours? I have a titanium and it comes with a flip key. I think it is an optional extra on lower trim levels.

When I picked my car up and they gave the keys, I told them "I am picking up a new Fiesta not a Cortina!"

:rolleyes:

I think I've confused people sorry. I mean the kind of car key where the key folds in and you press the button to release it. I've gone for the Zetec trim but the car I ordered comes with an optional 2nd remote key.

No, I have a vision blue 1.25 zetec and mine did not come with the flippy key, unfortunately.

Luckily I'm a girl so can put the key in my bag but it's a massive key at that :)

I would but that would be a factory order and I'm never ordering a factory order car again. I ordered my original car, the new KA (with a few options) on Jan 17th and they hadn't even started making it so I got a good deal on this car.

I just think it's strange as 99% of new car hese days have flip keys, inc. the new ka!

Only the Titanium and Zetec S come with a pair of folding remote keys. The Zetec, Style+, Style and presumably the Econetic (whose trim is like the Style+) come with a large non-folding remote key and a non-folding plain old key (no "remoteness" on that one!). A second remote key for these costs £30 extra at ordering time, or a staggering £150 later on (remember never to lose yours, folks!!). Presumably the Studio (bog-standard 3 dr only model with no remote aspect to the central locking at all) comes with a pair of the plain vanilla keys...

Those non-folding keys are alarmingly huge, like poohbear says (ours is a Zetec too, so I know that the hard way!). I suppose it makes them easy to find in the depths of a bag, though...!

I've got 2 remote non folding keys which came automatically with the Titanium. I never even thought what keys I was getting whether they would be big or small. Just hoped for a remote one so i could press the button and it would lock.

The only thing I think it could benefit with is if the windows closed when you set the alarm and locked the doors.

I honestly can't understand this. People will complain about anything. I have had cars for over 20 years and never had a key with a "flip" facility that hides the blade. Guess what, I've never lay awake at night thinking the world's coming to an end because of this.

I was very tired last night! I meant I have two folding keys which is standard on titanium.

I'm not that bothered I'm just surprised. I assumed it was standard across all new cars. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, that would be rather sad....

You could just put the windows up yourself before the leaving the car :o

Although, it is a pain when u take the key out the ignition etc etc to find out you have left youre window down and ned to put the electrics back on :lol:

You could just put the windows up yourself before the leaving the car :o

Although, it is a pain when u take the key out the ignition etc etc to find out you have left youre window down and ned to put the electrics back on :lol:

I do do that! :lol: But i know some cars do the window thing. Still i wont be losing sleep over it. Unless I did leave the windows open .......

Another good thing about air con, you never need the windows down.

Doesnt screw the MPG?

Welcome to the forums BHall - been following your progress on the MyKa site, so glad you chose the Fez, it's a lovely lovely car. Might not be quite to the spec you wanted for the Ka but I am sure you will enjoy it :)

Doesnt screw the MPG?

lol don't you mean "Screw the MPG!" :ph34r:

I used the Air Con today and very effective it is too once you get the settings right. Very hot in the car and the windows open wasnt doing anything. Put on the air con and it was cool heaven. I'm sure the petrol goes faster but a small price to pay for comfortable driving experience.

Welcome to the forums BHall - been following your progress on the MyKa site, so glad you chose the Fez, it's a lovely lovely car. Might not be quite to the spec you wanted for the Ka but I am sure you will enjoy it :)

Thanks for the welcome :).

Yeah that whole Ka business was driving me nuts. The only difference between the KA and Fiesta I'll miss is the upgraded hi-fi pack. I'll just get that fitted after market with a better amp/sub anyway.

I would have liked the interior pack 2 (scuff plates, leather handbrake & gearknob.). I wonder how hard they'll be to fit aftermarket if I order the parts?

Can't wait for Friday now. I was v.impressed with the power of the 82ps engine. I wasn't expecting much before the test drive. I thought a 1.25 engine would struggle with the size of the new Fiesta, obviously not. Granted its not a powerhouse but I'm no boy racer.

Doesnt screw the MPG?

Not to any significant difference.

It's benefits far out weigh it's decrease in performance or MPG. It never gets turned off in any car I've had,.

Not to any significant difference.

It's benefits far out weigh it's decrease in performance or MPG. It never gets turned off in any car I've had,.

Wicked! Thanks for that :)

Wicked! Thanks for that :)

Guy at the dealers told me to keep it on all the time, said it would only cost you around £10 more a year

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club