Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

moy24

Quick Advice Needed

6 posts in this topic

Hi just quick question I'm thinking of selling my focus soon and it just has 26k on clock due to putting new engine in. It a st replica has the 2011 st front end etc will I get more if I put it back to standard and sell the full st front end etc.only reason I say that is it hard to px as traders don't like modified cars and I still got all the original bumper,bonnet etc

post-27208-0-52275700-1398631271_thumb.j

post-27208-0-38597600-1398631290_thumb.j

post-27208-0-53654400-1398631300_thumb.j

Id say put it back to standard if trading it in mate,

Otherwise they could assume it was involved in a mid traffic collision,

You will get alot for the st replica kit selling as a whole,

Or try and sell the car yourself as it is,

However its easier to sell st replica parts than it is the standard stuff.

Id say put it back to standard if trading it in mate,

Otherwise they could assume it was involved in a mid traffic collision,

You will get alot for the st replica kit selling as a whole,

Or try and sell the car yourself as it is,

However its easier to sell st replica parts than it is the standard stuff.

Thanks Kenny for the reply I will have a look around and see if I can sell it myself first

Lenny likes this

Thanks Kenny for the reply I will have a look around and see if I can sell it myself first

when selling yourself,

Link potential buyers to your build thread showing the work that has gone in to it, thats how i sold my levin an enthusiast will appreciate all that info because it shows there's no hidden problems with the car because you have been posting long before you ever thought of selling it, so had you a problem with the car then you would have voicedit on the forum,

Id be in the same position if selling mine to a garage mate,

Its a style spec on the logbook so that's all the value they will give me,

Even though its a self built replica ZetecS with additional modifications.

Garage wouldn't recognise that when buying from me, but they would flaunt it all to buyers and cash in big on the build,

when selling yourself,

Link potential buyers to your build thread showing the work that has gone in to it, thats how i sold my levin an enthusiast will appreciate all that info because it shows there's no hidden problems with the car because you have been posting long before you ever thought of selling it, so had you a problem with the car then you would have voicedit on the forum,

Id be in the same position if selling mine to a garage mate,

Its a style spec on the logbook so that's all the value they will give me,

Even though its a self built replica ZetecS with additional modifications.

Garage wouldn't recognise that when buying from me, but they would flaunt it all to buyers and cash in big on the build,

Just put it up on here for sale hope I'm not asking to much as I had a valued online which came more then I'm asking due to engine change and low.miles.

Lenny likes this

if everything fitted on the front end went straight on then swap it back to the original parts, if work was required then it might not be a straight forward swap!

good luck with the sale mate.

Lenny likes this