Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford don't recommend using MP3 CD's?

ogryn

Just popped down the dealer to book in for the 1500 mile courtesy check (which was the first challenge. "Oh, I thought we'd stopped doing that. Nobody else here knows about it", Me: "Well, it was in the booklet from Ford I got a few weeks ago")

At the same time I booked it in for them to take a look at the auto-headlights, as sometimes they don't go off, and for the skipping MP3 discs.

After spending a few minutes trying to explain what was happening, and that it was MP3, not audio BUT ON A DISC!! She replied with "Oh, you can't use your own discs in our players. Ford don't recommend it at all. We've had to remove ones that have got jammed before". I replied with "But you supply a player that plays MP3 discs, and you can't buy them in the shop. How else are you meant to use it?". It was just a blank look and a repeat of before after that. Clearly I wasn't going to get any further on that issue.

Hopefully on Thursday I can speak to someone with a bit more technical knowledge!

LOL that's crazy! :lol:

lol! thats mad! Maybe Ford need to audit and test their entire dealership network, then re-train the lot of them! Even if they knew what they was doing in the first place, (which they probably didn't) then they certainly seem to have forgotten now!

lol good luck! :)

I assume you have a CD autochanger when you say its skipping MP3 discs ? will it always skip the same disc(s) and does the disc play ok in another cd player other than your PC ?

I seem to remember there's a time / track limit in player design (or there was) so just because you can fit 200 MP3 tracks on a CD it doesn't mean the player can handle the content. Also, as you're probably aware some CDR's don't like certain players, I had problems with some TDK ones a few years ago.

HTH.

And as for Ford not recommending you play your own discs I'd like to see that in writing !

Been monitoring this forum as I'm thinking about chopping in my durashift Fiesta for a new auto one.

I assume you have a CD autochanger when you say its skipping MP3 discs ? will it always skip the same disc(s) and does the disc play ok in another cd player other than your PC ?

I seem to remember there's a time / track limit in player design (or there was) so just because you can fit 200 MP3 tracks on a CD it doesn't mean the player can handle the content. Also, as you're probably aware some CDR's don't like certain players, I had problems with some TDK ones a few years ago.

HTH.

And as for Ford not recommending you play your own discs I'd like to see that in writing !

Been monitoring this forum as I'm thinking about chopping in my durashift Fiesta for a new auto one.

Not an autochanger, just the one that comes in the dash of the New Fiesta. I've tried different discs, different bitrates, VBR's, CBR's. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

I know it struggles with lots of directories, so I burnt the disc with only 1 branch coming off the main directory tree. It's always the same songs in the same places.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club