Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Sacrifice

Electric Window

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Fiesta Mk6 1.3 LX. There is a problem with the front, passenger side window (only the front 2 windows are electric). It just doesn't open. However, in hot weather, and if I slam the door, it works. Sometimes it works randomly (still has to have hot weather) and if you manage to open the window, it will always close, it will never get stuck open, but if you do close it, it won't open again. Pretty weird problem... Hopefully 1 of you guys can help me out... Thanks....

Hi And welcome to FOC

I would say you have a bad connection or a bad switch. I would take the door card off and remove each connection (one at a time) and clean the connection up... also run some white grease on the running parts of the window (dont spray on window ;) ) While the door card is off try and see if you can run the electric window without cleaning the switch.

Actually... good test is to see if this is affected with the passenger switch.. if it still doesn't come down with the passenger switch then you could ignore the switch totally.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice... Will try it... I have had both the passenger side and driver side switch changed so its probably not that... Thanks though...

if this doesnt work then you could have a weak window motor.. let us know how you get on :)

jeebowhite likes this